Hello! Welcome to the Thursday Create Challenge by Create with Connie & Mary. Have you ever wanted to add a white or even blue image to dark card stock? (CS) This Cheerful Daisy Birthday card shows one way to achieve that goal.
Have you ever had the good fortune to accidentally be prepared for something you did not yet know about? Today I experienced it! When I saw the color challenge, I remembered having used these colors together while experimenting with the new Cheerful Daisies Bundle. Here is my card made by stamping Versamark ink on the dark CS and dusting it with white embossing powder, then heat set with the Heat Tool. Once the image was embossed, I colored some areas with a Stampin’ Blends Marker.
Daisy Birthday Card Details:
- Card Base – Copper Clay CS – 8.5″ x 5.5″, score and fold at 4.25″
- Layer 1 – Boho Blue CS – 5″ x 3.75″
- Layer 2 – Copper Clay CS – 4.75″ x 3.5″
- Inside Layer – Basic White CS – 5.25″ x 4″
- As a cheat, die-cut the triple daisy die from scrap CS, then use it as a template for placing the stamped flowers—dust Layer 2 with the embossing buddy. Stamp the flowers and leaves, as shown, using Versamark ink. Tap off the excess and heat set. Tip: to keep the CS from warping from the heat, heat it from the bottom side for a short time, then on the face of the card, only heat until the powder turns glossy.
- Add the sentiment the same way the images were heat-embossed.
- Color, as desired, with Boho Blue Stampin’ Blends. Give it a short time to dry.
- Glue Layer 2 to Layer 1, then to the Card Base.
- Add a few Boho Blue Adhesive-backed Solid Gems to finish the card front.
- Glue the Inside Layer and decorate as desired.
An Up-Close View:
There you have it. A Cheerful Daisy Birthday card meets the color challenge of the day. When was the last time you used heat-embossing? Is it a new technique for you? Please leave your answer in the comments. Inquiring minds want to know! I hope the card inspires you to get your embossing tools out and play. Click HERE to see and be inspired by the other Thursday Create Design Team Members.