Welcome to this month’s Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop! We have been challenged to create a card with two colors, hence the name “Dynamic Duo.” I have a Christmas card to share with you. I hope you enjoy this card and will click on the links below to see what the other members of the Hop have to offer for inspiration.
For this Christmas card, I am using Shaded Spruce and Soft Sea Foam ink to create the card’s focal point and adding just a pop of color with the Real Red bow and sentiment.
Details of the Dynamic Duo Card:
As easy as this card is to create, I think the simple design is classy. Perhaps I have cheated (don’t tell anyone). I used only green and red, right? Never mind, there is Shaded Spruce Green, Soft Sea Foam Green, and Real Red.
- Card Base – Shaded Spruce Cardstock (CS) – 8.5″ x 5.5″, scored and folded at 4.25″
- Layer 1 – Soft Sea Foam CS – 5.25″ x 4″
- Layer 2 – Shaded Spruce CS – 4 3/8” x 3 3/8“
- Layer 3 – Soft Sea Foam CS – 4 1/8” x 3 1/8“
- Inside Layer – Soft Sea Foam CS – 5.25″ x 4″
- Adhere Layer 1 to the Base.
- Use Shaded Spruce ink to stamp the encircled fern, as shown in Layer 3. TIP: Use a stamp positioner for stamping the image so it can be stamped 2-3 times.
- Use Real Red ink to stamp the sentiment from the Regal Reindeer stamp set.
- Tie a small piece of Real Red ribbon into a knot. Use a Mini Glue Dot to affix, as shown. Then, dimensional onto the card front.
- Adhere the inside layer and decorate as desired.
An Up-Close Look:
The photo above shows the stamped areas up close. I hope you give this stamp set and card a try. I have the products used listed below. Click on the icon you want to purchase, and you will be taken directly to my online store. I now encourage you to visit the next talented demonstrator for more dynamic duo inspiration.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 2EETHT44
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Bag of Bones bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog (going live on Sept. 6)
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card Tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all the stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including shipping.
- Cost: $22 for packet pick-up.
- Autumn Leaves Bundle - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 162186 - pages 44.
- All About Autumn Suite Collection - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 162193 - pages 42-44.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored Tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15