Hello, my friends! I took an unexpected hiatus from blogging, but I am back! I hope you have missed me as much as I have missed you!! Let’s get right to it. Have you used the Patchwork Pieces dies yet? Today I am showcasing the Patchwork Pieces dies, another one of the “sleeper dies” found in the 2023-24 Annual Catalog.
This card is an easy one to make because of these magical dies! Patchwork Pieces have only two dies in the set; however, they do a load of work. Moreover, once you cut the designer series paper (DSP), you are cut to make two cards. Yes, one time through the Cut & Emboss machine to create two beautiful cards that will have the recipient thinking you spent a ton of time. You’ve got to like that.
Details of the Patchwork Pieces card:
- Card Base: Garden Green Cardstock (CS) – 8.5″ x 5.5″, scored and folded at 4.25″
- Layer 1: Basic White CS – 5″ x 3.5″
- Layer 2: Basic White CS – 4 5/8″ x 3 1/8″
- Layer 3: DSP – (one each of two patterns) 4.75″ x 3.25″, die-cut both simultaneously using the Patchwork Pieces die. Divide the die-cut DSP into two layouts, alternating patterns so every piece is opposite the design before. You will have enough for two cards. Set one to the side for another card.
- Layer 4: Garden Green CS – 3″ x 3″, Punch with 2 3/8″ Circle Punch.
- Layer 5: Basic White CS – 3″ x 3″, punch or die-cut into a 2.25″ circle.
- Inside Layer 1: Wild Wheat CS – 5.25″ x 4″
- Inside Layer 2: Basic White CS – 5″ x 3.75″
- Adhere Layer 1 to the right of the card base. Tip: wrap the ribbon around the card, as shown, for best placement of Layer 1.
- Glue Layer 3 on Layer 2 with the upper left piece of DSP flush with the upper left corner of Layer 2. Glue all the die-cut pieces in place (the sentiment with cover the center). Trim any white remaining in view.
- Adhere the Layer 3/2 panel to Layer 1.
- Use Wild Wheat ink to stamp the “celebrate” circle from Circle Sayings on Layer 5.
- Use Garden Green ink to stamp Happy Birthday in the center of Layer 5.
- Glue Layer 5 to Layer 4, then dimensional to Layer 3.
- Glue the Inside Layer 2 to Inside Layer 1, then into the card and decorate as desired.
An Open View:
The photo above shows more of the dimensions of the card. Furthermore, you can see a snippet of the inside of the card. I chose to add a birthday sentiment using Garden Green ink. I hope you are inspired to make this card or one like it using this “sleeper die set.” Click HERE to see another card I created using a different sleeper die. Below I have listed the products needed for this card. I would appreciate you clicking on any of the links to order from me if you do not already have a demonstrator.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 2EETHT44
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Bag of Bones bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog (going live on Sept. 6)
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card Tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all the stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including shipping.
- Cost: $22 for packet pick-up.
- Autumn Leaves Bundle - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 162186 - pages 44.
- All About Autumn Suite Collection - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 162193 - pages 42-44.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored Tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15