Hello! You have arrived! For the blog hop today, we are challenged to use the returning In-Colors to make a card. What does “returning In-Colors” mean? At any one time, a group of ten Stampin’ Up! colors keep our colors on trend. Each year, the five oldest colors retire to welcome the newest In-Colors. From time to time, Stampin’ Up! does a “Color Refresh” of all forty standard colors. At this time, some retired In-Colors make a comeback! That being said, do not get rid of retiring In-Colors because they may make a return like these did this year!
For my card, I used five of the seven returning colors. Can you pick them out? The base is Lost Lagoon; the letters are Berry Burst, and the flowers are Fresh Freesia sponged with Berry Burst. The textured panel is Pretty Peacock layered onto a panel of Fresh Freesia. Oh! And the Lemon-Lime Twist leaves on the flowers!
Details of the Returning In-Color Card:
- Base – Lost Lagoon Cardstock (CS) – 8.5″ x 5.5″ scored and folded at 4.25″
- Layer 1 – Lost Lagoon CS – 5.5″ x 4.25″, embossed with a Basics 3D embossing folder
- Layer 2 – Fresh Freesia CS – 4 5/8″ x 2 7/8″
- Layer 3 – Pretty Peacock CS – 4.5″ x 2.75″, embossed with a Basics 3D embossing folder.
- Layer 4 – Berry Burst CS – 2″ x 4″, die-cut with the Alphabet Ala Mode Dies to spell HELLO.
- Layer 5 – Fresh Freesia CS – 2″ x 8″, punch flowers with the Petal Park Builder Punch.
- Layer 6 – Lemon-Lime Twist CS – 1″ x 5.5″, punched with the Petal Park Builder Punch.
- Inside Layer – Basic White CS – 5.25″ x 4″
- Adhere Layer 4 to 3, to 2, to 1, then to the card base.
- Use a rounded end tool to curve the inside of the three layers of petals of Layer 5. Glue together, as shown. Add Berry Burst ink to the edges with a small blending brush. Glue to the card front, as shown.
- Glue Layer 6 under Layer 5.
- Add Rhinestone basic jewels to the flower centers and Wink of Stella to the letters.
- Adhere inside layer and decorate as desired.
A Close-up Look:
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: UZR7RV46
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Beary Cute bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog on page 24.
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card Tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all the stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including shipping.
- Cost: $22 for packet pick-up.
- Joy of Christmas Suite Collection - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 161983 - pages 28.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored Tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15