Can everyone use inspiration for a bright and beautiful birthday card? What is your favorite color? Can you guess mine? YEP! All shades of purple. Today’s card uses Gorgeous Grape paired with Highland Heather and the new Bubble Bath, a pinkish-purple that looks pink against the bold purples. For the lovely circles, I used, what I call the “sleeper” dies, Petal Patterns, found on page 165 of the Annual Catalog. There is one showing of them in the main part of the catalog on page 99. However, you may not have noticed. So, here they are in action!
Details of the Lovely Circles Card:
This sketch challenge is perfect for punching two 2 3/8″ circles from the Petal Patterns square die-cuts once they are layered atop one another. I used Highland Heather with the more solid die and Bubble Bath with the detailed die. Before I cut it, I did not add the Stampin’ Adhesive sheet to the back of the Bubble Bath cardstock (CS). So, learn from my mistake. It would make adhering the two layers together a breeze!!
I added Basic Rhinestone Jewels, too numerous to count, to bling up the circles. As shown in the sketch, I added two strips of CS on the card base before finally popping the circles onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The sentiment and die-cut label both came from the Cheerful Daisies bundle.
An Up-Close Look:
Here you can see all the rhinestones I added to the circles, making them “Lovely Circles,” as in the title of this blog post. I hope you look at the Petal Patterns dies and imagine how these can be used, even on a scrapbook page!
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: UZR7RV46
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Beary Cute bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog on page 24.
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card Tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all the stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including shipping.
- Cost: $22 for packet pick-up.
- Joy of Christmas Suite Collection - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 161983 - pages 28.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored Tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15