Hello! Welcome to the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! Today we have a sketch challenge. I have chosen to send some birthday wishes to meet the challenge.
With the new Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) in the new annual catalog, this card was a breeze to put together. Yet, it is quite stunning in person. I would love to receive these birthday wishes, all embossed in copper!
- Basic Gray Cardstock (CS) – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- Smoky Slate CS – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and, 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside)
- DSP – 3″ x 3″
- Copper Foil – 3 3/4″ x 3/16″
I first copper heat-embossed the birthday wishes on the bottom of the Smoky Slate panel. Next, I layered the embossed piece onto the card base, a little lower than higher. (see the photos) Moving forward, I added the 3″ square of DSP, centering it on the Smoky Slate panel, approximately 1/4″ from the top. Finally, I used mini glue dots to add the slim-but-striking copper foil strip approximately 1/4″ from the bottom of the DSP.
There are some times that I do not think a card needs additional embellishments. This is one of those times. The beautiful copper shine of the flowers, accentuated by the strip of copper foil, makes this card lovely enough for me. What do you think? (let me know in the comments below)
Once again, it is time for you to visit HERE to see the other challenge team designers and what they want to show you today.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
July 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Party Puffins
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XDY2JERE I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Party Puffins stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.