Welcome to a new month of the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. The color challenge this month is just “Peachy!”
Oh MY! I love this stamp set and the designer series paper that goes with the suite of products found on page 61 of the 2021-22 Annual Catalog. The stamps and colors are so springy, uplifting, and peachy! I had a bit of a challenge making this weeks’ card. Read to the very end to see the first try.
The Measurements and Details:
- Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5 1/2″ and 3 7/8″ x 2 1/2″ along with various sizes of scraps to stamp and die-cut.
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock (CS) – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, 2″ x 2″ scrap to die-cut
- Pale Papaya CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 3/4″
- Calypso Coral CS – 4″ x 2 5/8″
- DSP – 2 5/8″ x 4 5/8″
The Peachy Details:
I inked up the peaches with Pale Papaya ink then added Calypso Coral ink to the stamp with a sponge dauber. I love the way they turn out and, it was surprisingly easy. The leaves were all stamped or die-cut using Pear Pizzazz paper and ink. Then, it was just a matter of assembling. I used dimensionals to add the images to the card front and stamped the sentiment with Calypso Coral ink.
The Peachy theme was carried to the inside of the card using the same inks as on the card front.
I added a few Champaign Rhinestone Jewels to the focal point, and a Pale Papaya bow to the peach branch for the finishing touches. Now, remember I told you about having a “challenge” making this card? Well, the first card was on a Pear Pizzazz card base. Once I had it finished, this is what I found:
DANG! Have you ever done that? I guess I was in a hurry, huh? So, to correct the “problem,” I cut the card in half and glued the card front to a new Basic White Thick card base. It worked out well because I really like how the white inside shows off the sentiment and large peach. Here’s wishing you a Peachy Day! Now it is time for you to go HERE to see what the other design team members have to show you.
Then, why not join the fun and take the challenge? Please post it on https://www.facebook.com/CreatewithConnieandMary/
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
July 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Party Puffins
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XDY2JERE I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Party Puffins stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.