Hello! This word welcomes you to my blog and tells you the theme of my card for the Thursday Challenge with Create With Connie & Mary. Here is a photo of the Sketch Challenge for today.
The CCMC657 Hello Card
I opted to do a clean and simple card using the Tasteful Touches stamp set and In Good Taste designer series paper (DSP). The focal panel’s base layer is Natural Touch specialty paper available in the Butterfly Brilliance early release but will not be in the new annual catalog. IMHO (in my humble opinion), I think this card would be okay to send to a man even though it has a flower on it. I would surely send it to my brother to say Hello!
I used Very Vanilla Thick for my card base and layered the Natural Touch panel. The flower is stamped with Early Espresso on the Stitched Shapes Circle, which is retiring soon. Then I stamped it again, trimmed it with my Paper Snips, and popped it over the stamped image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The one-inch strip of Early Espresso cardstock (CS) has 1/4″ strips of In Good Taste DSP glued along the top and bottom edges. It is glued, slightly under the Stitched Circle, and flush with the card’s right edge.
I used my Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker to ink up only the word “hello” found in a larger sentiment in the Tasteful Touches stamp set. I stamped it on a small piece of Crumb Cake CS.
- Very Vanilla Thick CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- Natural Touch DSP – 3 1/2″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ square to die-cut circle. Scrap to stamp flower.
- Early Espresso CS – 4″ x 1″
- In Good Taste DSP – (2) 4″ x 1/4″ strips
- Crumb Cake CS – 1 3/4″ x 3/4″
Finally, to add the finishing touch, I added two Gilded Gems to the card to fulfill the Sketch challenge. Thank you for stopping by today. Feel free to case this simple card to reach out and say Hello to someone you don’t see regularly. You will want to click HERE to see what the other demonstrators have done.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
April 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Butterfly Brilliance
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: EZVFQZAG I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle, an early release from the new Annual catalog coming to you on May 4th.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.