Welcome to the Thursday Create Challenge by Create with Connie & Mary. I made a Lovely & Lasting hello card for this week’s color challenge using a stamp set found in the Annual Catalog.
For this card, I had fun trying the new Radiating Stitches Die set to create a hello card with the Lovely & Lasting stamp set found in the Annual Catalog, hence the title Lovely Hello. Sometimes, I forget all the fabulous stamp sets in the Annual Catalog while I am enamored with the Mini Catalog. So, what do you think? I think I LOVE these new Online Exclusive dies! Please note that when they are “online exclusive,” it does not mean you can only order them online. They can be ordered in any class or club, or I can order them for you if you call, text, or email me what you’d like. However, they are not shown in any printed publication. If you have any questions about this, please ask me.
The Details & Assembly:
- Card Base – Stary Sky cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Layaer 1 – Melon Mamo CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, die-cut with the largest rectangle die in the Radiating Stitches.
- Layer 2 – Coastal Cabana CS – 3″ x 4 1/8″
- Layer 3 – Basic White CS – 2 7/8″ x 4″
- Layer 4 – Coastal Cabana CS – 1 3/4″ square, die-cut with the large circle die in the Radiating Stitches.
- Layer 5 – Basic White CS – 1 1/2″ square, die-cut with the smallest Layering Circle die.
- Inside Layer – Basic White Thick CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, die-cut with the largest rectangle die in the Radiating Stickes.
- Adhere Layer 1 to the card base.
- Use Starry Sky ink to stamp the floral image on Layer 3. Adhere it to Layer 2, then dimension onto Layer 1.
- Use Melon Mambo to stamp the ‘hello’ only from the stamp in Lovely & Lasting onto Layer 5. Gently touch the edges of the circle in the Melon Mambo ink, as shown. Dimensional onto Layer 4, then adhere to Layer 3 with a supporting dimensional on the lower right side, resting on Layer 1.
- Add a few Glossy Dots to the flowers and sentiment.
- Adhere the Inside Layer and decorate as desired.
An Up-close view:
The photo above shows how the edge of the circle should look after lightly rolling the edges in the Melon Mambo stamp pad. I love how our products coordinate, like the smallest Layering Circle die fitting perfectly on the Radiating Stitches circle die. You may want to put these dies on your wish list and get them before they are gone. The dies are subtle but make a big difference on a card. Click HERE to see what the other design team members have posted today.
Thank you for visiting my blog today!