Thank you for visiting my blog today! If you are seeing this in your email, please click on the TITLE of the post to view it in its’ entirety. I have created a belated birthday card for the Create with Connie & Mary Color Challenge today.
The Belated Birthday Card:
I love the Two-Tone Floral stamp set paired with the Something Fancy set to make many versatile cards! Today is no exception. The colors in today’s challenge look great and are perfect for a floral card.
Before I get to the measurements, can you see two things done differently on this card? Hint: one is on the card front, and one is on the inside. I added an embossed border across the bottom of the inside panel using an embossing folder coming out on March 1st. It is one of a three-pack, and I love all three of them. Keep visiting my site to see more soon. The second thing I did differently was trim the center of the ribbon from the bow ends. After stretching and taping a length of ribbon around a corner of the card front, I used a glue dot to add a bow. The tails were interfering with the sentiment, so I cut the middle section out so the ends could separate and the entire sentiment could be viewed.
- Card Base – Fresh Freesia Cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Layer 1 – Balmy Blue CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 2 – Orchid Oasis CS – 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Layer 3 – Basic White CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Layer – 5 1/4 x 4″, embossed along the lower border.
Assembly of the Belated Birthday Card:
- Stamp all the flowers on Layer 3 using Orchid Oasis for the highlights on the Fresh Freesia solid images.
- Stamp the sentiment with Orchid Oasis ink on Layer 3, then glue it to Layer 2.
- Wrap Fresh Freesia ribbon around the upper left corner of Layers 2/3. Tape on the back side and glue this to Layer 1.
- Dimensional Layer 1 to the card front and add as many gems as you like.
- Adhere the Inside Layer of the card and decorate as desired.
A Close-up Look at the Ribbon:
Above is a close-up photo to show the ribbon closer. I like the look of it and hope you do too. If you are like me, you need a belated birthday card often. I hope this card will help. Click Here to see what the other design team members made for this challenge. I hope to see you soon when I share more inspiration. The products I used to create this card are listed below.
Thanks again for visiting today.