Welcome to the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge! Today we have a Color Challenge for which I have made a Merry, Merry Christmas card.
This is the first time I have used the Snow Crystal background stamp. I heat-embossed the snow crystal with white embossing powder. Then, I used the Fresh Freesia dark Stampin’ Blends Marker to color the back, flat side of a Wonderful Snowflake and added it to the center of the white heat-embossed snowflake with a glue dot.
Merry, Merry Details:
- Card Base: Fresh Freesia Cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″.
- Layer 1 – Balmy Blue CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, punch the top-right and lower-left corners with the Very Best Trio punch.
- Layer 2 – Wonderful Snowflake
- Layer 3 – Silver Foil – scraps to die-cut five snowflakes with the Chic Dies.
- Inside Layer – Basic White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- White heat-emboss the Snow Crystal onto Layer 1.
- Use Balmy Blue ink to stamp the sentiment onto the lower-left corner of Layer 1, as shown. Using a sponge dauber, sponge the perimeter of Layer 1 with Balmy Blue ink.
- Use the Dark Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends Marker to color the matte back-side of Layer 2. Adhere to the center of the embossed snow crystal on Layer 1 with a mini glue dot.
- Arrange Layer 3, as shown, in the upper-left and lower-right areas of Layer 1.
- Add a Fresh Freesia 2021-2023 In Color Jewel to the center of each snowflake.
- Add the inside Layer and decorate as desired.
2021-2023 In Color Jewel’s bling shows up better in this close-up of the snowflakes on the card. I hope you know how to use the extra large “snow crystal” stamp. Also, I hope the card reminds you that the Wonderful Snowflakes can be colored on the front, shiny side, or matte back side with Stampin’ Blends. Please click HERE to see what the other design team has made to inspire you today.