Welcome to the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge! I designed a birthday card for the Sketch challenge to wish someone a beautiful birthday.
I love the simplicity of today’s sketch challenge. It works very well with the Framed Floret Bundle, an early release of a bundle in the 2023 January-April Mini Catalog. And, since purple is my favorite color, I used Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather cardstock (CS) along with a couple of Daffodil Delight flowers for the two circles on the sketch.
Beautiful Birthday Card Details:
- Card Base – Highland Heather CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″.
- Layer 1 – Gorgeous Grape CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 2 – DSP – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Layer 3 – Gorgeous Grape CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″, die-cut with Framed Floret die; keep the outer frame
- Layer 4 – Basic White CS – 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, die-cut with Framed Floret die (as above); keep the oval piece.
- Layer 5 – Basic White CS – Scrap to stamp two small flowers and die-cut with matching dies.
- Inside Layer – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Adhere Layer 3 to 2 to the card base.
- Stamp Layer 4 using Gorgeous Grape ink. Position Layer 3 and 4 onto Layer 2, then glue Layer 4 first, then Layer 3 to Layer 2.
- Stamp two small flowers onto Layer 5, then color with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Combo. Once die-cut, dimensional onto the lower-left side of Layer 3.
- Add the inside layer and decorate as desired.
Once I colored and popped the flowers up on dimensionals, I added a Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gem to the flower centers as my finishing touch. If you have not gotten the Framed Florets Bundle yet, it is worth considering! To see what the other design team members have created, click here.