Hello! Welcome to another Thursday Challenge by Create with Connie & Mary. I created a Best Day Ever card for this week’s Color Challenge.
There can be many reasons to send a family member or friend a card wishing them the Best Day Ever. Here is my card to answer the color challenge today. Somehow, my Crushed Curry almost looks like it has a brownish tinge to it, but it IS Crushed Curry cardstock stamped with Crushed Curry ink.
Details of the ‘Best. Day. Ever.’ Card:
I used mainly the stamp set Let’s Set Sail but borrowed the “sun” stamp from Paradise Palms. Something else on the card does not belong to the Let’s Set Sail. Do you know what it is? The waves were made by repeatedly die-cutting the Tahitian cardstock with the waves die found in The Hippo dies! Didn’t it turn out cute!?!
- Card Base – Basic White Cardstock (CS) – 11″ x 4 1/4″, score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Layer 1 – Tahitian Tide CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, die-cut multiple times with the wave from Hippo Dies, starting at the bottom-left and alternating up one layer and to the right. Repeat.
- Layer 2 – Early Espresso CS – 2″ x 2 1/2″, punch the boat with mast using the Sailboat Builder punch.
- Layer 3 –
- A) Crushed Curry CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ scrap to punch the larger of the two sails using the Sailboat Builder punch.
- B) Parakeet Party CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″ scrap to punch the smaller of the two sails using the Sailboat Builder punch.
- Inside Layer 1 – Tahitian Tide CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Layer 2 – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Use your fingers or a bone folder to gently curl the die-cut waves for dimension. Glue the perimeter of Layer 1 to the bottom of the Card Base.
- Glue Layer 2 slightly left of the middle of the card base, butting up to Layer 1.
- Stamp both Layers 3 with the matching ink.
- Gently position Layers 3 where they will go (for positioning) and stamp the sun with Crushed Curry ink onto Layer 1, as shown.
- Use Tahitian Tide ink to stamp Hope it’s your Best Day Ever in the upper right corner of the card base and the birds in flight with Early Espresso ink.
- Add dimensionals to Layers 3 and add to card, as shown.
- Add a few 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots to the card front.
- Use Parakeet Party ink to stamp the sentiment and Early Espresso to stamp the birds in flight on Inside Layer 2.
- Glue Inside Layer 2 to Inside Layer 1 and then to the inside of the card.
I hope you like the card, and I hope you try using the Hippo wave die. It is easy peasy and looks so good in real life. If you want to see what the other design team members did to answer this challenge, click HERE. Below are the products I used to make my card. If you don’t have a demonstrator, I would love to be yours! Click on any icon below to be taken to my online store. I hope to see you here next week. Until then, have a great series of Best Days Ever!