Welcome! It is time for a Thursday Challenge with Create with Connie & Mary. Today we have a color challenge for which I have made a beautiful bouquet.
When I first saw these colors, I immediately thought of flowers, and the True Beauty Bundle was my answer. I love the lattice-type background die I cut from Silver Foil Specialty paper; the rest was just a matter of stamping, die-cutting, and assembling a beautiful bouquet.
- Night of Navy CS – 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″, plus scrap to die-cut for inside.
- Foil Specialty – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, die-cut with the lattice-type die, plus scrap to die-cut three sprigs.
- Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside, plus several scraps to stamp and die-cut flowers and leaves and stamp the sentiment.
- Glue the foil lattice to the card base. (note: you can be sure to get every diamond cut out of the lattice or leave a few in for interest)
- Stamp the large flowers in Sweet Sorbet, the leaves with Granny Apple Green, and the small flowers with Pale Papaya daubed with Sweet Sorbet on the bottom and the tips.
- Pre-arrange a beautiful bouquet, dimensional the Sweet Sorbet flowers, and glue-dot or glue the others.
- Stamp the sentiment with Night of Navy ink, trim around it, and dimensional onto the card.
Although bling was unnecessary, I added several Pale Papaya Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed gems (coming in the July-December catalog) to my card as the finishing touch. I hope you like it!
You can play along with today’s challenge if you’d like. Please post your answer to this challenge on the Facebook page. You can see the other Design Team member’s cards HERE. That is all from me today. I hope to see you next week when we have a sketch challenge!