More Scrappy Details:
My card base is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored, and folded at 5 1/2.” I used my grid pad to find the center of the card. I applied Seal+ horizontally in the middle of the card. Then, I placed the first strip about 1/4″ from the top starting in the center. Following, I adhered strips next to each other but varied the placement, as seen in the photo above. Finally, I used my bone folder to slightly curve the top and bottom of the strips to add interest. They look curved quite dramatically in this photo; however, they will settle down and be slightly curved once sent in an envelope.
After I was happy with the placement of the seven strips, I laid the Evening Evergreen Chevron ribbon onto a row of mini glue dots and adhered it over the middle of the strip.
The Finishing Touches:
I could have used any sentiment for this card; however, I chose the birthday sentiment from the Best Year stamp set stamped it with Evening Evergreen ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Next, I die-cut the words with the smallest scalloped rectangle from the Scalloped Contours dies, then attached it with several dimensionals and added two rhinestone jewels for the finishing touch.
I hope you like the card and have learned a new way to use up those gorgeous DSP leftovers! Now it is time to hop along to see what the others have made to inspire you.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card Tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all the stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including shipping.
- Cost: $22 for packet pick-up.
- Autumn Leaves Bundle - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 162186 - pages 44.
- All About Autumn Suite Collection - Sept-Dec 2023 Mini Catalog - 162193 - pages 42-44.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored Tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 2EETHT44
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Bag of Bones bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog (going live on Sept. 6)
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.