Welcome to the Createwithconnieandmary.com Thursday sketch challenge. I am happy that you are with us today as I use the Party Puffins stamp set!
I grabbed the Party Puffins stamp set and Pansy Petals designer series paper (DSP) to complete this challenge. Both of these products are new in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Do you see the other new product? Soft Succulent cardstock! I love all the new In-Colors but have been gravitating to this color because it seems to go with any color put with it.
Measurements and Details:
- Soft Succulent Cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″.
- Basic White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside), 3 1/2″ x 3/8″ (sentiment), and 2 1/4″ square to die-cut with the 4th-smallest Layering Circle die.
- Bumblebee CS – 3 5/8″ x 2″
- DSP – (dots) 3 1/2″ x 1 7/8″, (striped) 3 3/4″ x 1/2″, (patterned Bumblebee) 4″ x 3/8″, (striped/inside) 5 1/4″ x 1/4″
- TIP: For the sentiment strip, I cut the strip taller than 3/8″ and then, once stamped, I cut it to the correct height. (It is a cling stamp)
After cutting all my paper and stamping the sentiment, as described above, I stamped the cake more to the right side of the circle. I colored the cake with Stampin’ Write Markers (since I had not ordered the Blends in Soft Succulent yet). I colored the plate with Smokey Slate Stampin’ Blends Combo and added Clear Wink of Stella to the icing. The candles are colored with Bumblebee and Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Write Markers.
Next, I glued all the layers together and then to the card, adding the circle with dimensionals.
Isn’t this little Puffin so stickin’ cute?!? He is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento and colored with Stampin’ Write Markers. I added a strip of the DSP to carry the look from the card front to the inside. I think he might look adorable with a little googly eye! Maybe next time…
Finishing Touch on Party Puffins Card:
I hope you like the card and the Party Puffin! If you need any of the supplies to make this card and do not already have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would love to fill that void! Click on any item you need below to be taken to my online store. Be sure to go HERE to see what the other design team members did with this sketch. There are some really cute ideas!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
October 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Nature's Harvest
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GAMB3CCW I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Nature's Harvest stamp set and Blackberry Beauty DSP.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.