Welcome to another edition of the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Team Challenge! This week we have a color challenge that includes a new In-Color, Soft Succulent. I am using the new Hand-Penned suite.
Besides the Hand-Penned Petals Bundle dies, the new 6-die set of Basic Borders is the only other dies I used. And that one I used to make the right side border. I am in love with the new In-Colors. I think the Soft Succulent could easily be one of the neutral colors because it goes well with so many colors. Check it out.
- Soft Succulent Cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Cajun Craze CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″ and 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic White CS – 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and 3″ x 3″ to stamp and die-cut
- DSP – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- To make the right-hand border, I die-cut with the Basic Borders die lined up about 1″ in, along the right border of the card front.
- I used the Hand-Penned Petals scallop border to make the left border piece displayed on the card front. Lining the die on the 1″ strip of Cajun Crase CS with the straight edge being flush with a long edge of the strip, I die-cut it.
- After stamping the floral bouquet with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, I used stamped-off Cajun Craze ink to stamp color on the large flower. I used stamped-off Crushed Curry for the small flower, Soft Succulent for the leaves, and the Soft Succulent Stampin’ Write Marker to color the stems. Then, I die-cut it with the coordinating die.
To assemble the inside of the card, I glued the DSP to the right and the Basic White to the left. Then, the 1/4″ strip of Cajun Craze is used to hide the seam.
Finally, I stamped the Thanks with Cajun Craze ink (smudging it a little to show you what not to do) and added a few Matte Black Dots around the dimensioned bouquet. Now, I hope you will go HERE to see what the other design team members have done to inspire you.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
October 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Nature's Harvest
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GAMB3CCW I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Nature's Harvest stamp set and Blackberry Beauty DSP.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.