Hello! This week on the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge, we have a Sketch Challenge! I have used the Sweet Strawberry stamp set to make pears out of strawberries; hence the title, A Pear of Thanks. Here is the sketch challenge:
I stamped the pears using So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz ink. The stems are hand cut from some scraps of Early Espresso cardstock (CS). Once I glued the stems to the back of the pears, I glued the So Saffron pear onto a piece of Crumb Cake CS, die-cut with a Tasteful Label die. Then, I dimensioned the Pear Pizzazz one, slightly overlapping the first.
The diagonal Early Espresso CS is cut to 8 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ then embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Since the 8 1/2″ length is too long to emboss at one time, here is a
TIP: Insert the 8 1/2″ piece straight into the embossing folder approximately 1/8″ from the top and put it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Next, turn the piece, inserting the other end close to the top of the embossing folder. However, this time crank it only slightly past the level that was not originally embossed but not all the way through. Back it out and see that there is no line or significantly noticeable overlap.
The Finishing Touch:
I hope you enjoyed the card and will try the tip regarding embossing a long piece of cardstock. Also, know that making a strawberry into a pear is only a matter of stamping with a different color and putting the stem on the opposite end. Have a great “rest of your day” by first going HERE to see what the other talented demonstrators have created to inspire you!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
June 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Whiskey Business
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: KJDBNUAR I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Whiskey Business stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.