Hello! Welcome to the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop, where this month we are Celebrating Birthdays. Mine was yesterday!! And, even though the years seem to be flying by faster than ever before, I had a FABULOUS day! With no further ado, here is
This card features the round, detailed-circle die from the Flowering Vine Dies. I cut it from Blushing Bride Cardstock (CS), then cut 8 Merry Merlot individual flowers from the same die set. These were glued behind the flowers cut by the circle die. Next, I used the dark Granny Apple Green Blends marker to color the vines. On this card, I also colored the little round buds with Merry Merlot Stampin’ Write Marker. It looks okay; however, I think next time, I will leave them green. The effect was definitely not worth the effort if you know what I mean.
Celebrate Birthdays Card:
The completed focal point was dimensioned onto a Tasteful Textured embossed layer of Merry Merlot CS by using a Stampin’ Dimensional behind every flower. Unlike traditional layering, I cut the first layer 5-1/8″ X 3-7/8″. This fraction of an inch is apparent, and I love this look.
The Inside of the Card:
I switched gears on the cards inside, using a sentiment from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set. Birthdays truly are the best days!
My Birthday Happiness!
I was lucky enough to have all four of my kids home! Moreover, all the grandkids were here too! This photo is the moment before blowing out my candles. My kids showed great kindness by only putting two candles on the cake. Or, so I thought…until they told me that if they put the correct number of candles on, they would have to buy a fire extinguisher! Who raised them?!? LOL…
The Finishing Touches:
Sorry, I digressed! A Rhinestone Basic Jewel adds shine to the center of all eight flowers on the focal point. The sentiment was stamped with Granny Apple Green and Merry Merlot onto Brushing Bride CS and die-cut. A layered flower with rhinestone complements the sentiment on the left. Also, on the right, two rhinestones add balance. I hope you will continue making cards to Celebrate Birthdays! I know it positively impacted my special day.
Now, it is time to hop along to a complete dozen blogs to be inspired. All products used to create this card are listed below. Click on the icon if you would like to purchase any of the items from my online store.
Stamper’s Dozen March 2021 Blog Hop
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Kelly Acheson – A Stamp Above
- Rose Grunewald – Country Cards by Rose
- Jodi Petersen – Jodi’s Card Designs
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- To shop in my online store, click here.
- Access & view the current catalogs, Click here.
- To subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity, Click here.
- Learn about my Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn free stamps just from shopping with me; click here.
- Follow me on Pinterest; click here.
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- To follow me on YouTube, Click here.
- Please subscribe to my blog, too, by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: D9JVEWPQ
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Share A Milkshake from the new Stampin' Up! 2023 January-April Mini Catalog!
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.