Hello, and welcome to another Thursday Challenge with CreatewithConnieand Mary at www.createwithconnieandmary.com. This week we have a color challenge that made me think immediately of the Hydrangea Haven stamp set. Here is the color challenge:
Can you say simple and quick? This is a beautiful five-minute card using the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper (DSP). Two 12″ x 12″ pieces of DSP have these gorgeous hydrangeas along the top and bottom borders. So, I cut 5″ in from one side and again from the other side. Subsequently, I cut those strips at 3-3/4″ and 7-1/2″, giving me a total of 12 card fronts to be mounted on Gorgeous Grape cardstock panels. Once completed, I had only to stamp my sentiment of choice on the blank sky above the hydrangeas.
Old Olive Cardstock (CS) – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
Gorgeous Grape CS – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ – 2 pieces (one for the inside)
DSP – 5″ x 3-3/4″ and 1″ x 5″ strip (to die-cut flowers)
Basic White CS – 5″ x 3-3/4″ (inside)
After stamping the sentiment with Gorgeous Grape ink, I die-cut several Gorgeous Grape flowers and glued three of them to the card front, as shown. Finally, to add bling, I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the flower centers. I know my spirits would be improved if ever I received this card. I hope it will do the same for the person receiving it!
- To shop in my online store, click here.
- Access & view the current catalogs, Click here.
- To subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity, Click here.
- Learn about my Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn free stamps just from shopping with me; click here.
- Follow me on Pinterest; click here.
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- To follow me on YouTube, Click here.
- Please subscribe to my blog, too, by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 2EETHT44
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Bag of Bones bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog (going live on Sept. 6)
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.