Hello, and welcome to another Thursday Challenge with CreatewithConnieand Mary at www.createwithconnieandmary.com. This week we have a color challenge that made me think immediately of the Hydrangea Haven stamp set. Here is the color challenge:
Can you say simple and quick? This is a beautiful five-minute card using the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper (DSP). Two 12″ x 12″ pieces of DSP have these gorgeous hydrangeas along the top and bottom borders. So, I cut 5″ in from one side and again from the other side. Subsequently, I cut those strips at 3-3/4″ and 7-1/2″, giving me a total of 12 card fronts to be mounted on Gorgeous Grape cardstock panels. Once completed, I had only to stamp my sentiment of choice on the blank sky above the hydrangeas.
Old Olive Cardstock (CS) – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
Gorgeous Grape CS – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ – 2 pieces (one for the inside)
DSP – 5″ x 3-3/4″ and 1″ x 5″ strip (to die-cut flowers)
Basic White CS – 5″ x 3-3/4″ (inside)
After stamping the sentiment with Gorgeous Grape ink, I die-cut several Gorgeous Grape flowers and glued three of them to the card front, as shown. Finally, to add bling, I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the flower centers. I know my spirits would be improved if ever I received this card. I hope it will do the same for the person receiving it!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
September 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Clever Cats
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XQYH7N2J I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Clever Cats stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.