Hello, Everyone! It’s Thursday, so time for another Thursday Challenge (CCMC653) at Create with Connie and Mary @ www.createwithconnieandmary.com. Who is ready for a bright, cheerful card today?!
I designed this card while my state of Texas was still in the long stretch of freezing weather. As I wished for sunnier and definitely warmer days, I opted for some bright, cheery colors for my card. My card base is Daffodil Delight. The lovely Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper (DSP) inspired my color combination and is featured in the background’s four panels.
The Field of Flowers stamp set is just the right size for a small focal point (1-1/2″ x 3″). Can you spot the pretty little butterfly? He was fussy-cut from this month’s promotional DSP named Butterfly Bijou (156824). While the magenta flowers were stamped in place, the daffodil flowers were stamped, fussy-cut, and popped up on dimensionals.
Daffodil Delight Cardstock (CS) – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
Granny Apple Green CS – 3-1/4″ x 1-3/4″ and 5-1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
Magenta Madness CS – 3-1/8″ x 1-5/8″ and scrap to punch the sentiment
Basic White CS – 3″ x 1-1/2″, scraps for daffodil flowers and, 5″ x 3-3/4″ (inside)
The Finishing Touch:
This card is very bright and cheerful, so I do not think it needs a lot of “bling.” I added a solo rhinestone at the end of the sentiment. And, in all truthfulness, the little butterfly was added at the very end as well. I like the way this card finally turned out, and I hope you do too. You can click HERE to see what other talented members of the design team did with this sketch. Don’t forget to visit the Facebook Page HERE.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
September 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Clever Cats
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XQYH7N2J I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Clever Cats stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.