Hello! Welcome to my blog. Today, the dies that coordinate with the Hey, Chick, and the Hey Birthday Chick stamp sets are front and center. These two bundles are currently my favorites! I have had such fun playing with them.
The Chick Dies Card:
As you can see, this card is made up of eight different die cuts! The corn and cornstalk are my favorites because, after all, I grew up in the corn belt. They are so realistic looking. In fact, my very first job was detasseling corn for the DeKalb Seedcorn Company…decades ago. I digress! The Oh So Hombre designer series paper (DSP) (free with a qualifying purchase during Sale-A-Bration) is the first layer atop the Whisper White Thick (now Basic White) cardstock base.
This card’s measurements are straightforward, assuming you use scraps of Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede and, Crumb Cake cardstock to die-cut the images. And a scrap of Whisper White (Basic White) to stamp and die-cut the Chick. The base of the card is 11″ x 4-1/4″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″. The layer of Oh So Hombre DSP is 4″ x 5-1/4″. I love the fact that four ears of corn can be die-cut with one pass through the Cut & Emboss machine! I used sentiments from both the Hey, Chick and the Hey Birthday Chick stamp sets.
The inside shows another die-cut piece; the happy birthday is die-cut from a Bermuda Bay cardstock scrap. I skipped adding embellishments to this card. In my humble opinion, not every card needs ribbon or bling on it. With all the die-cut pieces, I think it turned out adorable. Now, if you are one who insists on embellishing, I imagine a Rhinestone Basic Jewel as a necklace on the Chick would suffice.
Following are the products needed to make this card. If you do not have a demonstrator, I would love to be your demonstrator.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
May 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - In Bloom
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: URFJ7J4M I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the In Bloom stamp set and the coordinating dies.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.