Hello, Stampers! I have a quick, easy and, whimsical card to share with you today. Have you heard the fabulous news that a past Sale-A-Bration stamp set named Hey, Chick is returning? What’s more, there is a 19-piece die-set to go with it!! Plus, the Hey, Birthday Chick stamp set in the January-June Catalog is getting an 11-piece die-set that can be purchased as a bundle on February 2. Yessiree! That is a fact.
Now, if anyone knows me, they know that this chick is so “ME”! Although this is the first card I am posting starring the Chicks, I do not think it is the last. Far from it!! I have had SO MUCH FUN playing with this set!!
My team’s Facebook page has a current challenge to make a card using the Freshly Made Sketches 469 card sketch. This is my answer to the challenge.
The blank space at the top of this Very Vanilla Thick card base draws attention to the bottom. I chose the new 6″ x 6″ designer series paper (DSP), coming in the May annual catalog. I love this new pattern! As a demonstrator, I was able to pre-order this new paper. (You could too. Ask me how) The strips of DSP measure 1/2″ x 4″. I glued them from the bottom up, leaving room for me to stamp the sentiment from the Hey, Birthday Chick stamp set.
An Up-Close Look at the Chick
She is stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape Stampin’ Write Markers. I opted for the markers instead of the Blends because the chick’s details are quite small, and the Blends tend to “bleed.” Of course, her beak is colored with Pumpkin Pie. She is punched out with our 1 1/2″ circle punch and dimensional onto a Pacific Point circle cut with the third smallest Layering Circle die. Additionally, I added a tiny bow made with the thinnest ribbon in the Playing With Patterns Ribbon Combo Pack for the perfect final touch. I hope you like her as much as I do!
Wanting to continue the theme on the front to the inside of the card, I added a 1/2″ x 4″ strip of DSP to the bottom of the inside and stamped the sentiment with Pacific Point ink. The items needed to make this card are listed below. The Hey, Chick stamp set and dies and the dies for the Hey, Birthday Chick codes are not available until Feb. 2. Of course, the pre-ordered DSP is not available yet but, certainly, any DSP can be used to make a similar card. Have fun!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
December 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Eden's Garden
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: 6MYE33TZ I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Eden's Garden stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.