Happy Tuesday, and welcome to my blog! Today it is all about textures and feathers. I have been playing with the In Good Taste suite in the 2020-2021 Annual catalog. With no further ado, here is
Doesn’t it look like I spent a lot of time creating this putty looking background? It is a piece of the In Good Taste designer series paper (DSP)! I just cut the 4″ x 5 1/4″ panel of DSP and sponged around it with Night of Navy ink. The feathers were stamped with Night of Navy ink onto Smokey Slate cardstock and cut out with Snips. The die-cuts for the sentiment are both from this same suite. I have to admit that I am not a “feather-kind-of-girl” but, I like them atop the new Gold Hoop embellishment seen here.
Using the color scheme of Night of Navy and Smoky Slate with gold accents, I added a piece of vellum cardstock behind the gold hoop with feathers. However, before I did, I embossed it with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder, included in the suite. Furthermore, I added the double bow of gold trim, found in the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack, to the feathers to finish the focal point of the card. Finally, the sentiment was gold heat embossed onto Smoky Slate before being die-cut. Anyone who likes textures is going to love this suite!
An Up-Close Look
To carry the theme and color scheme inside the card, I stamped a feather with Night of Navy ink and added a strip of the same DSP along the bottom of the panel. This card is suited for many different occasions, so I left the inside void of a stamped sentiment.
Now, go forth and make this a great day!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
September 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Clever Cats
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XQYH7N2J I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Clever Cats stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.