Welcome back to my blog! This week I am showing cards I received in a swap in which I was privileged to participate. My friend, Kelly Acheson, created this lovely Single Daisy Ornate Garden card. Quick. Easy. Stunning.
- Old Olive – 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored and folded at 5 1/2.”
- Calypso Coral – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White – 1 1/4″ x 2 2/3″, 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside, if desired)
- Gold Foil Sheet – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″
- Ornate Garden DSP – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
It appears to me that Kelly used Tuxedo Black Memento ink to stamp the single daisy onto Whisper White cardstock (CS). From there, she colored the flower with Calypso Coral and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends and trimmed the piece down to 1″ x 2 1/2.” After die-cutting the gold foil sheet with an Ornate Layers Die, Kelly attached the daisy in the center with dimensionals. After gluing the piece of designer series paper more to the upper left side of the Calypso Coral panel, as shown, she added a length of gold metallic-edge ribbon across the panel approximately 3/4″ above the bottom of the DSP. She stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner with Calypso Coral ink. Finally, Kelly added the gilded focal piece, as shown, with dimensionals.
I want you to look at that single, gilded gem that Kelly put on this card as the finishing touch. It is absolutely perfect and so, so pretty! This card is what I like; simple to create, stunning to receive. I want to shout out a thank you to Kelly Acheson at A Stamp Above!
June 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Whiskey Business
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: KJDBNUAR I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Whiskey Business stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.