Hello! I hope everyone is doing okay with the whole social distancing situation. We are all so used to getting together, and it is hard to get used to being alone. So, today, I used the Under My Umbrella stamp set to send you some flowers so that you know I am thinking of you and that, life’s showers do bring love’s flowers!
I love the Pool Party and Calypso Coral colors together! They bring a vibrant, fresh look to this card. The first layer of the card front was embossed using the Stone 3D Embossing Folder that is a part of the Sale-A-Bration (SAB) Power Of Hope Bundle. Speaking of SAB, with only one week left, Stampin’ Up! has introduced some additional SAB items. These are all items from other current catalogs. Here is the new release. You can access my online store by clicking the photo.
Pool Party – 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” scored and folded at 4 1/4″, 5 3/8” x 4 1/8”
Calypso Coral – 4 1/4” x 3 1/8”
Whisper White – 4 1/4” x 3 1/4” plus scraps.
Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper (DSP) – one punched umbrella
First, let me say that if you do not have the Stone 3D embossing folder, you can easily substitute the Corrugated 3D Embossing folder. I glued the embossed layer onto the card front. Next, I die-cut the largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle from Whisper White cardstock.
After punching an umbrella from the Pleased As Punch DSP, I stamped the lines on it with Early Espresso ink. (TIP: make a template and use the Stamparatus to stamp the punched umbrellas) Then, I positioned the umbrella in the lower right corner of the stitched scallop rectangle and used a pencil to very lightly trace the dip lines of the umbrella. I erased the line after I stamped the flowers, with Early Espresso ink, within and above the line. I stamped two floral images onto scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored all the flowers with Dark Petal Pink, Dark Calypso Coral and, Dark Daffodil Delight Blends.
Next, I stamped the sentiment in the upper left corner of the focal piece. Then, I punched an umbrella handle from Early Espresso scrap paper and positioned it, as shown. After fussy cutting the flowers stamped on the scrap, I used mini dimensionals to add them to the umbrella bouquet, strategically placing them to cover any gaps between the flowers. I hope that all makes sense. If not, feel free to email me.
The Finishing Touches
I hope you like the card and will do that bit of fussy cutting and coloring to make your very own. Send joy!
- To shop in my online store, click here.
- Access & view the current catalogs, Click here.
- To subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity, Click here.
- Learn about my Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn free stamps just from shopping with me; click here.
- Follow me on Pinterest; click here.
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- To follow me on YouTube, Click here.
- Please subscribe to my blog, too, by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
January 2022 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Rainbow of Happiness
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: 3JMVSWW6 I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Rainbow of Happiness Bundle.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.