Welcome to the Thursday Create with Connie & Mary Challenge. For today’s sketch challenge, I have created a birthday card using the new Countryside Inn Collection by Stampin’ Up!
The Countryside Birthday Card:
Some Details of the Card:
Because my card is made with almost all new products unavailable until May 2nd, I cannot list them individually at the bottom of this post. However, the card gives you a sneak peek at a returning In-Color, Boho Blue, the card base. Of course, any DSP would be great for this card.
- Card Base – Boho Blue cardstock (CS) – 8.5″ x 5.5″, score and fold at 4.25″
- Layer 1 – Basic White CS – 5.25″ x 4″
- Layer 2A – Light pattern of DSP – 5.25″ x 1.25″
- Layer 2B – Dark Pattern of DSP – 5.25″ x 3″
- Layer 3 – Boho Blue CS – 5.25″ x 3/8″
- Layer 4 – Basic White CS – 2.5″ x 3.25″, embossed with The Countryside Blossoms Embossing Folder
- Layer 5 – Night of Navy CS – 2″ square, die-cut with 4th smallest Layering Circles die.
- Layer 6 – Basic White CS – 2.5″ x 2″, punched with 1.75″ circle punch.
- Inside – Basic White CS – 5.25″ x 4″ with a 5.25″ x .75″ strip of DSP across, approximately .75″ from the bottom.
- Adhere Layers 2A & B onto Layer 1. Adhere Layer 3 over Layer 2 to cover the seam of the DSP.
- Dimensional Layer 4, as shown.
- Use Boho Blue ink to stamp the sentiment from the Beautiful Balloons stamp set (also new) on Layer 6. Adhere to Layer 5, then dimensional onto the card.
- Add the inside layers.
- Scatter a few iridescent pearls on the card front as the finishing touch.
An Up-Close Look:
I thought you would like to see some of the details in the new Countryside Blossoms embossing folder. More details on the DSP also show. I hope you enjoy the card, letting the beautiful DSP do all the work. You can see the other design team member’s cards for inspiration by clicking HERE. That’s it for today. I hope to see you back for this challenge next Thursday. Have a great week!Shopping online? Be sure to use the September 2023 Hostess Code: 2EETHT44