This easy layout uses one 4 ” x 5 1/4″ piece of the lovely Boughs of Holly designer series paper (DSP). I cut one inch from the left side of the DSP and flipped it over. After gluing to the card front, I used a 1/2″ strip of gold Glimmer Specialty Paper to cover the seam.
To add more gold to the card front, I gold-heat-embossed the Merry Christmas with a stamp found in the Brightest Glow stamp set onto Real Red cardstock (CS), then die-cut it with the smaller frame in the Framed Florets dies. This die cuts both the oval and the frame. I kept the Real Red frame for another day and die-cut another frame from Mossy Meadow CS, keeping the oval for later. Both the embossed oval and Mossy Meadow frame were dimensioned onto the card front. Here is an up-close look at the gold-embossed sentiment:
Adding a double bow using some left-over Wonder of the Season Gold Trim I had from last year. I also added three of the gold Festive Pearls below the sentiment as the finishing touch. I hope you like my card and will try it for yourself.
Inside the Christmas is in the Air Card:
Again I used the Brightest Glow stamp set to add the sentiment inside the card with Real Red ink onto Very Vanilla CS. I hope you like the card and will give it a try. Happy Christmas shopping and decorating! See you next month! Please join the hop to find more inspiration by clicking on the next name on the list.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 44AJ7FQW
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Perched In A Tree Bundle from the July-December Catalog!
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including priority shipping.
- Cost: $22, for packet pick-up.
- Kindest Gnomes Bundle - July-December Catalog - 159626
- Kindest Gnomes Cling Stamp Set - July-December Catalog - 159616
- Gnome Dies - July-December Catalog - 159625 All found on page 43.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15