Hello, welcome to the Thursday Create with Connie & Mary color challenge. I made a unique wedding card using Splendid Thoughts stamp set by Stampin’ Up!
My husband and I are out of town and my laptop died. I managed to purchase a new one however, I am only moderately computer savvy. It is set up, whether correctly or not time will tell. I watermarked the first picture before we left but not the rest. So, I will have to add watermarks this weekend. I used the Splendid Thoughts Bundle to make this card along with the Splendid Day designer series paper (DSP). Please note, the background on the card front is the reverse side of the DSP used to die-cut the vase. I must say this card is a unique look for a wedding card.
Details of the Splendid Wedding Card:
- Card Base: Sahara Sand CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Layer 2: Blackberry Bliss CS – 4″ x 3/8″
- Layer 3: DSP – 2 1/2″ x 1 1/4″, die-cut with the vase die from Splendid Stems Die.
- Layer 4: Sahara Sand CS – 4″ x 4 1/4″, die-cut with the Splendid Stems Dies: preferably after stamping.
- Layer 5: Blackberry Bliss CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, die-cut with Splendid Stems Die
- Layer 6: Soft Succulent CS – 2″ x 2 1/2″, die-cut with Splendid Stems Die
- Inside Layer: DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Use Blackberry Bliss ink to stamp the sentiment on the bottom of Layer 1. Adhere Layer 2 to Layer 1 approximately an inch from the bottom. Add Layer 1 to the card base.
- Adhere two Dimensionals to the very bottom of Layer 3, then dimension over Layer 2, as shown.
- Stamp Layers 4 using Sahara Sand ink and the largest greenery and the tall slender foliage. Use Soft Succulent and Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blends Combos to color the images and die-cut as in the instructions above.
- Arrange the largest greenery with a couple leaves extending out of the vase. Tip: you may need to trim the stem off for all the foliage to fit in the vase. Adhere with dimensionals.
- Tucking the slender foliage, as shown, secure with glue at the bottom and a dimensional at the top.
- Use Liquid Glue or Mini glue dots to tuck Layers 5 and 6 within the foliage, as shown.
- Scatter a few Soft Succulent Solid Faceted Gems as the finishing touch.
- Stamp the sentiment with Blackberry Bliss ink on the Inside Layer and adhere inside the card as shown below.