The Color Challenge:
We sometimes need a masculine card to say thanks. Many of us struggle with masculine cards. When I saw the color challenge for today, I did NOT think immediately of a masculine card; I thought of a fall-leaves card. However, I had just designed a card to meet a sketch challenge that will be posted tomorrow and decided to use that sketch for my card. The colors lend themselves to more masculine than feminine cards. Note: I am not trying to use this post to get into a gender(s) discussion. LOL.
Color Challenge Details:
The base of the card is Soft Suede. I used Versamark to randomly stamp some leaves from the Happiness Abounds stamp set on the left half of the card front. Next, I cut a 1″ x 4 1/4″ strip of Cajun Craze and Garden Green designer series paper (DSP) and one strip 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ of Crushed Curry DSP. All three colors come in the Regals 6″ x 6″ DSP. Starting about 1/4″ from the right side of the card front, I glued the DSP strips, butting one against the other. ***Please note that the Happiness Abounds and ALL stamp sets in the Annual Catalog (excluding hostess sets) are 15% off for the 24 hours of September 15th, 2022***
Finally, I cut a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock (CS) at 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, angled the ends slightly with my Paper Snips, then stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede ink. As you can see in the photo above, the inside is a panel of Very Vanilla CS with a 1/4″ strip of the same Cajun Craze DSP along the bottom to tie the card altogether.
An Up-Close Look:
The Brushed Metallic Dots add the right amount of flare to finish this masculine card. We certainly wouldn’t want it too glitzy. I hope you like my card. Come back tomorrow to see the sketch challenge I used for today’s card to make a feminine birthday card! Now, however, it is time for you to ‘hop’ along to the next blog post to see what the other talented ladies posted by clicking on the link below. Also listed below are the products used to make this card. By c;You will be taken to my online store to order any of them by clicking on the icon. Thank you for visiting my blog today.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 44AJ7FQW
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Perched In A Tree Bundle from the July-December Catalog!
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including priority shipping.
- Cost: $22, for packet pick-up.
- Kindest Gnomes Bundle - July-December Catalog - 159626
- Kindest Gnomes Cling Stamp Set - July-December Catalog - 159616
- Gnome Dies - July-December Catalog - 159625 All found on page 43.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15