Hello! Welcome to another month of the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop. As summer is winding down and we are getting ready for fall and winter, I want to add a single card for us to remember summer! Here is my sweet birdie.
The Birdie Card:
- Card Base – Pool Party Card Stock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score and fold at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 – Basic White CS – 2 strips 5 1/2 x 1/4″
- Layer 2 – Night of Navy CS – 3 3/4″ square.
- Layer 3 – Pool Party CS – 3 1/4″ square.
- Layer 4 – Basic White CS – 3 1/8″ square.
- Layer 5 – Pool Party CS – 2 1/2″ x 3/8″, bannered on the right end.
- SCRAPS of Basic White CS and Pumpkin Pie CS – punch eyes from white with Whale Builder Punch and beak with the Songbird Builder Punch.
- Inside – Basic White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Adhere Layer 1 to the card base.
- On Layer 4, stamp the branch with Early Espresso ink, the leaves with Pear Pizzazz, the flowers with Daffodil Delight, and the larger birdie with Night of Navy ink. Use the Dark Pumpkin Pie Blends to color the bird’s belly.
- Glue the punched beak over the stamped beak.
- Blue the “eyes” in place. (you can use any tiny circles, google eyes, or even white embossing powder to heat emboss them on)
- Use Night of Navy ink to stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner of Layer 4.
- Use Pool Party ink to stamp the musical notes in the upper right corner of Layer 4.
- Adhere Layer 4 to Layer 3. Dimensional Layer 3 to Layer 2, then glue over Layer 1 to the base.
- Use Night of Navy ink to stamp the sentiment onto Layer 5, then glue the left side to Layer 4 and dimensional the right side to Layer 1/card base.
- Add Pool Party Glossy Dot to the bannered side of Layer 5.
Finally, I used the “Happy Birthday” from the stamp set Artistically Inked. However, if you do not have that stamp set, any Happy Birthday stamped with Night of Navy ink will do on this inside panel. Again, I used Pool Party ink to stamp the musical notes around the sentiment.
I hope you like my sweet birdie card. Thank you very much for hopping along on the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop today. You can click on the next link to continue on the hop.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: D9JVEWPQ
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Share A Milkshake from the new Stampin' Up! 2023 January-April Mini Catalog!
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
*Monthly Madness - Mega Tutorial*
Option A: Tutorial with card packets
- The 12-card tutorial .pdf with colored photos and step-by-step instructions via email.
- Supplies to make six cards (2 each of three designs)
- All die-cuts included. You will do all stamping. (per Stampin' Up! Policy)
- Cost: $28, including priority shipping.
- Cost: $22 for packet pick-up.
- Country Bouquet Bundle - January-April Mini Stampin' Up! Catalog - 160383
- Country Bouquet Photopolymer Stamp Set - January-April Mini Stampin' Up! Catalog - 160377
- Country Bouquet Punch - January-April Mini Stampin' Up! Catalog - 160382 All are found on pages 9-10.
Option B: Tutorial Only
- Printable, colored tutorial to make 12 cards.
- Cost: $15