Welcome to another Thursday Creative Challenge by Create With Connie & Mary. I have used the Elephant Parade stamp set by Stampin’ Up! for this challenge.
The Elephant Parade Card:
I love this little fellow, don’t you? He has such a sweet, happy face! I like the card’s versatility because it can welcome a baby boy or girl, even celebrate a “first” or a birthday. Using several new Stampin’ Up! products for this card, it was a sinch to create. The chosen colors are Tahitian Tide, Polished Pink, Smoky Slate, and Basic White.
The Card Details:
Do you see the little mouse peeking out inside this card? Isn’t it cute!!
- Card Base – Tahitian Tide cardstock (CS) – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″.
- Layer 1 – Polished Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, die-cut with the Dots & Spots die.
- Layer 2- Basic White CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/8″
- Layer 3 – Polished Pink CS – 2 5/8″ x 4″
- Layer 4 – Smoky Slate CS – 3 1/2″ x 3/4″, bannered on each end.
- Layer 5 – Basic White CS – 3″ x 3″, die-cut with the second-largest Stylish Shapes circle.
- Layer 6 – Tahitian Tide CS – 2 5/8″ x 3/8″, plus a scrap.
- Inside – Polished Pink CS 4″ x 5 1/4″ then Basic White 3 3/4″ x 5″ plus a scrap of Basic White.
- Attach Layer 1 to the base.
- Stamp the leaves on Layer 3 at the top and bottom using Polished Pink ink, then adhere to Layer 2. Dimensional onto the center of Layer 1.
- Use Basic Gray ink to stamp the elephant onto Layer 5 and color with Stampin’ Blends Smoky Slate and Polished Pink.
- Use Basic Gray ink to stamp a balloon onto the scrap in Layer 6 and fussy cut. Set aside.
- Position Layers 4 and 5 before gluing Layer 4 to Layer 3, then dimensioning Layer 5 onto Layer 3, overlapping Layer 4.
- Use Basic Gray ink to stamp the sentiment on Layer 6, then glue to Layer 5, centering over Layer 4.
- Add the balloon with a dimensional and draw the string to the trunk with a Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Layer the two inside layers. Stamp the mouse on a scrap of Basic White with Basic Gray ink and color with Smoky Slate and Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends.
An Up-close Look:
Now I encourage you to click HERE to be taken to see what the other Design Team has designed to inspire you. I hope to see you visit the Thursday Challenge next Thursday!