Welcome to the Thursday Challenge by Create With Connie & Mary. I have created a Christmas card by loosely interpreting the sketch challenge below to send Happy Wishes to my friends.
Do you see now why I said I used a loose interpretation of the sketch challenge? The stamped floral bouquet represents the part square/part curved cardstock layer on the sketch.
- Card Base: Real Red Cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: Basic White CS – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Layer 2: Shaded Spruce CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Layer 3: Real Red CS – 3″ x 3″
- Layer 4: Basic White CS – 3 1/2″ x 1/2″
- Layer 5: Real Red CS – Scraps
- Inside Layer 1: Shaded Spruce CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Layer 2: Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
Happy Wishes Assembly Instructions:
- Use Versamark ink to stamp the large floral image, from the Words of Cheer stamp set, onto Layer 2 as shown. Next, heat-emboss the image by dusting it with White Embossing Powder, tapping off the excess, and heating it with the Heat Tool.
- Stamp the same floral image on Layer 3. Use the same heat-embossing process as on Layer 2. Be sure all three poinsettias get stamped. Fussy Cut the three poinsettias with Snips, leaving them connected as one piece. Layer them over the image on Layer 2 and glue them in place.
- Use Shaded Spruce ink to stamp the sentiment onto Layer 4. Adhere to Layer 2 with dimensionals.
- White heat-emboss the flower from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set on Layer 5 and punch with the Strawberry Builder Punch. Also, use the Delightful Tag Topper to punch four small circles of CS. Add a Red Rhinestone to each circle, then glue in place, as shown in the photo.
- Finally, add Red Rhinestones to each flower center and several of the berries.
- Adhere Inside Layer 2 to Layer 1, then to the inside of the card base. Use Real Red ink to stamp the sentiment.
Here is a sneak peek at the inside of my card. I hope you like the card. Now it is time to CLICK HERE to check out what the other Design Team members created for your inspiration. I send Happy Wishes to you for the coming week!
December 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Eden's Garden
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: 6MYE33TZ I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Eden's Garden stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.