Welcome to the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge! This week we have a sketch challenge. I have created a Christmas Cheer card to meet the challenge. Take a look:
As shown in the photo, I turned the sketch from the landscape to the portrait orientation. I die-cut the banner using the Stocking Dies from the Sweet Little Stocking bundle. It is just the right size. Speaking of dies, did you know that the Christmas Cheer dies had the CHEER letters that fit in the detailed die-cut? I used Real Red cardstock (CS) to layer on the Old Olive CS to make the word ‘pop’ off the page. I love the festive Gingerbread & Peppermint designer series paper (DSP) on this card, don’t you?
- Card Base: Basic White Thick CS – 11″ x 4 1/4″
- Layer 1: DSP (red) – 3/4″ x 3″, with a diagonal cut on one end.
- Layer 2: DSP (green) – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, die-cut with Stocking Dies.
- Layer 3: Gold Metallic – 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Layer 4: Old Olive CS – 1 1/2″ x 4 3/4″, die-cut with detailed cheer die with the Christmas Cheer Dies.
- Layer 5: Real Red CS – 1″ x 5″, die-cut the letters with the Christmas Cheer Dies.
- Complete all the die-cutting described above.
- Glue Layer 1 to the card base.
- Dimensional Layer 2 over Layer 1.
- Glue Layer 3 to Layer 2.
- Glue Layer 5 to Layer 4 then to the right side of the card front.
- Using Real Red ink, stamp the “Christmas” sentiment above the word CHEER.
An Up-Close Look at Christmas Cheer:
I like how the Real Red letters fit perfectly on the detailed cut-out. Finally, I did not add additional bling on this card. I do not think every single card needs ribbon or rhinestones. In my opinion, the card is “busy” enough and with the addition of the beautiful Gold Metallic, there is plenty to catch your eye.
I hope you like my card and will go HERE to see what the other Design Team Members have made to inspire you! Have a great “rest of the week.” Get Crafty!!
October 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Nature's Harvest
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GAMB3CCW I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Nature's Harvest stamp set and Blackberry Beauty DSP.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.