Hello, hello! I am happy that you stopped by to check out the Thursday Create With Connie and Mary Challenge! Today we are working on a sketch challenge. I will be Delivering Birthday Cheer. Here is
This sketch was perfect for the Delivering Cheer stamp set; in this case, I am Delivering Birthday Cheer! Do you see the paper piecing? I stamped her skirt onto a scrap of Hand-Penned designer series paper (DSP), “Snipped” it out, and glued it to the stamped image on the focal panel.
- Card Base – Granny Apple Green cardstock (CS) – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Layer 1 – Be Dazzling Specialty Paper (sale-a-bration) – 3 strips 4″ x 1/2″
- Layer 2 – So Saffron CS – 2 7/8″ x 4 3/8″
- Layer 3 – Basic White CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Layer 4 – Hand-Penned DSP – scrap to stamp skirt
- Layer 5 – Polished Pink – 2 3/4″ x 1/2″
Tips for Assembly:
- Stamp the skirt and image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink very near the bottom of Layer 3. Stamp just the skirt onto Layer 4, cut out, and glue over Layer 3. Color image with the following Stampin’ Blends Combos: Granny Apple Green, So Saffron, Pale Papaya, Polished Pink, and Ivory. Then, glue to Layer 2.
- Glue Layer 1 to the card base. Dimensional Layer 2 over Layer 1.
- Stamp the sentiment from Art Gallery onto Layer 5 with Versamark then, white heat-emboss. Dimensional to the card front as shown.
The Finishing Touch:
I sprinkled a few of the drop-dead-gorgeous 2021-2023 In-Color Jewels around the gift-giver as my finishing touch. I sure hope you like this card! Click HERE to see what the other Design Team members did using this sketch. Why not use the Delivering Cheer stamp set to deliver some Birthday, Halloween, Fall Season, or Christmas Cheer?
Will you do me a favor? Let me know in the comments if you like the “Layer” type instructions above or the measurements and then instructions, as before. I really appreciate any feedback you can provide.
September 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Clever Cats
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XQYH7N2J I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Clever Cats stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.