Hello! Welcome to our monthly blog hop. Our theme this month is cards that have movement. I do not often make cards that move but, I had fun making this one. Thank goodness for the new, amazing Give It A Whirl dies!
I had the Whimsy & Wonder Suite products out when I decided to try my new Give It A Whirl dies so, that is what I used. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of die-cutting and assembling this project. The most time-consuming thing was to decide what I was going to stamp on the large scalloped circle that moves and what colors I wanted to use. This first photo shows the card with the wheel in “position 1.” As the wheel is rotated in the direction of the arrow, the circle reveals two other images.
In this first position, I cut a Wonderful Snowflake down to fit the window; a few snips with my Snips! A Genial Gem is added to the center of the snowflake.
I used one of my favorite Merry Christmas sentiments, found in the Poinsettia Petals stamp set and stamped with Mint Macaron ink. The image in the ‘window’ is stamped with Mossy Meadow ink and the leaves colored with the dark Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends. The holly berries are colored with the Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write Marker.
These adorable little ornaments are stamped with Basic Gray ink and colored with Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends marker and the Blushing Bride Stampin Write marker. The top of the ornament where the hook attaches is colored with a light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends marker. A fun Christmas card, indeed.
Stamper’s Dozen August 2021 Blog Hop
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Donna Burk Schneidtmiller – Donna Stamps
- Rose Grunewald – Country Cards by Rose
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place
October 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Nature's Harvest
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GAMB3CCW I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Nature's Harvest stamp set and Blackberry Beauty DSP.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.