Welcome to the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop! This month we have the theme of Summertime. Now that we are retired and empty nested and all, our summers look different than before. They are quiet and peaceful, almost boring but, the flowers, the peace, and the contentment of being at home define our summers. Therefore, I chose to use a new Sale-A-Bration stamp set, “Feels Like Home,” to make my summer card. (Remember, Sale-A-Bration starts August third) Seeing the bicycle on the porch, I know a grandchild has come to visit. A perfect summer day!
The Summertime Card:
If you like to color with blends, you will love making a card like this. Personally, I do like to color and fussy cut. I like to use our Shimmery White cardstock (CS) when I do detailed coloring with Stampin’ Blends. You may be asking, “why?” I find the ink does not bleed as fast as it does on our regular CS. Therefore, I can stay within the detailed lines easier.
I apologize that this photo is crooked. I wanted to get a close-up view so you can see the coloring. After stamping the entire image with Early Espresso ink, I started coloring.
The Stampin’ Blends Combo Packs that I used to color this beautiful image are listed below, along with where I used that color.
- Crumb Cake – Light (Lt) and Dark (Dk) on the front door. Lt on the porch. Dk on the hanging basket and bicycle basket.
- Gray Granite – Lt on all the brick areas.
- Old Olive – Both Lt and Dk for all the greenery in the plants and on the tree.
- Real Red – Dk on the doormat, the bicycle seat, and the planter on the left. (and on the tulips on the inside of the card)
- Cinnamon Cider – Both Lt and Dk for both terracotta planters.
- Smoky Slate – Lt on the planter sitting next to the red one. Lt on the “whitewalls” on the tires and the petals and kick-stand.
- Daffodil Delight – Dk on all the yellow-colored flowers.
- Fresh Freesia – Dk on all the purple-colored flowers.
- Misty Moonlight – Dk on the bicycle frame.
Summertime at an Angle:
I realize that just reading the list of Blends used may be intimidating and make you shy away from coloring. However, everything colored is tiny, so it goes quickly. I think you can see in this photo that I stamped the potted tulips inside the card. I also stamped it and another hanging planter onto a scrap of Shimmery White CS. After coloring the images, I fussy-cut them and dimensioned them onto the card front to add interest.
Below is another photo to show the dimension.
I used Early Espresso ink to stamp the tiny HELLO sentiment from the Free As A Bird stamp set that carried over into the new annual catalog. Then, I added a solitary Red Rhinestone Jewel for the finishing touch.
I hope you will get as much enjoyment from this free Sale-A-Bration set as I have been getting. If you would like to order early from each new catalog, contact me, and I can tell you how! Of course, the image is not colored on all of the cards I have made. Early Espresso on Crumb Cake Cardstock with a little ink splatter looks great too. I had the time and needed some relaxation and decided to color this one. Now it is time to hop along to see what the other talented demonstrators have done to inspire you. Click on the next link to hop along. I hope to “see you” next month on the 15th.
Stamper’s Dozen July 2021 Blog Hop
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Kelly Acheson – A Stamp Above
- Donna Burk Schneidtmiller – Donna Stamps
- Rose Grunewald – Country Cards by Rose
- Jodi Petersen – Jodi’s Card Designs
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- BJ Peters – Create & Feel Great
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
<!—END STAMPERS DOZEN BLOG HOP LINKS–>
Product List Feels Like Home Sale-A-Bration set – Available August 3.
September 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Clever Cats
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XQYH7N2J I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Clever Cats stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.