Welcome to this week’s Thursday Challenge from Create With Connie and Mary. This week’s challenge allowed me to get my Pansy Patch stamp set and coordinating dies out, and use them. I have had them for several weeks, and they were still waiting on the shelf to be used. I love them!
The challenges are changing from color/sketch challenges to CASE the catalog challenges for the next couple of months. The challenge is to use the stamp set, the layout, the color combination, or a combination of those. In other words, it is not a direct CASE but a sample from which to draw inspiration. Here is today’s challenge:
I opted to use both the gift bag and the stamp set from the challenge photo. Using the Pansy Petal designer series paper (DSP), the banner is 2 3/4″ wide and 5″ long before the banner was made with the Tailored Tag punch. I next die-cut Basic White cardstock (CS) with the third smallest Scalloped Contours die.
Finally, I cut all the pieces to make the pansy and leaves using Rich Razzleberry CS, Blackberry Bliss CS, Soft Succulent CS, Evening Evergreen CS, Bubble Bee CS, and Shimmery White CS. After assembling the pieces, I used dimensionals on the bud and the flower but glued the leaves in place.
A Closer Look at the Pansy:
In the photo above, the daubed-on ink can be seen around the edge of the floral center and the leaves. Furthermore, it is easy to notice the dimension of the flower, the bud, and the entire scalloped rectangle onto the bannered DSP. I stamped the sentiment with Blackberry Bliss ink in the upper right corner of the scalloped rectangle. WHEW! That barely fit…
A bow made with Blackberry Bliss Striped ribbon is what I added as the finishing touch. Now that I am typing this tutorial, I realize that this ribbon has just been discontinued from the Jan-June mini catalog.
If you want to play along with the challenge, please post your project on the Create With Connie and Mary Facebook Page. You will want to see what the other Design Team members made to inspire you at createwithconnieandmary.com.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
July 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Party Puffins
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: XDY2JERE I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Party Puffins stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.