Hello, Everyone! It is Thursday again! That means time for another Thursday Challenge with Connie and Mary at www.createwithconnieandmary.com. Today, we have this color challenge.
Anyone familiar with the January-June Mini catalog looks at these colors and thinks of the Hydrangea Hill Suite in the catalog. In my mind, I have no other choice!
Trying something different (that didn’t really work out as I was hoping), I die-cut the detailed hydrangea from Seaside Spray cardstock (CS) and used a Blending Brush to brush Highland Heather ink on it. I was attempting to let some of the Seaside Spray show through, but that didn’t work out well. Oh well, no mistakes! So, I used my finger to pop the Hydrangea petals up. Then, I glued it to a piece of Gorgeous Grape, which added a dark hue under the flower, giving the depth of a shadow. Finally, I added a small Pearl Basic Jewel to each tiny floret on the Hydrangea.
Even though the designer series paper (DSP) in the picture looks gray, it truly is Seaside Spray. To decrease the Basic White sentiment layer’s starkness, I randomly stamped the flowers with stamped-off Seaside Spray ink and blended a bit of Highland Heather around the edges. I stamped the sentiment with Highland Heather ink. The stem and leaves were die-cut with the detailed die. Whereas the DSP uses Old Olive in some of its patterns, I think the Just Jade is fine for the green accents on this card.
An Up-close Look:
Inside the Card:
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
December 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Eden's Garden
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: 6MYE33TZ I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Eden's Garden stamp set.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.