Hello, Friend! Welcome to another Maui Trip Achiever’s Blog Hop! I am glad you are here. I hope you will continue to the next blog once you come to the bottom of this blog. Today I have a multipurpose card to show you.
The Hello Friend Card:
Sometimes I need a card that does not have a Happy Birthday or Congratulations or even, Get Well sentiment. The card I am showing you today simply says Hello, Friend which can be used for any occasion. Although the Fine Art Floral designer series paper (DSP) does not list Pretty Peacock as a color used, I see it in this particular piece. Using Prett Peacock ink, I stamped the ‘Hello friend’ sentiment on Whisper White cardstock (now Basic White). Then, I die cut it with a Tasteful Label die and mounted it on Pretty Peacock cardstock die-cut with the second smallest Hippo & Friends die.
In this view of the card, it is easy to see that I embossed the DSP with the Painted Texture embossing folder. Furthermore, it clearly shows that I cut the layered sentiment piece off along the top edge. After gluing the sentiment to the card front, placement of the ribbon was easy.
The measurements for this card are straightforward.
Pool Party Cardstock – 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
Pretty Peacock Cardstock – (2) 5 1/4″ x 4″ and 1-1/2 x 2-1/2″ to die-cut.
Basic White Cardstock – 5″ x 3-3/4″
DSP – 5″ x 3-3/4″
The Finishing Touch:
To add the finishing touch to the card, there was some pre-planning involved. First, I glued the DSP to the Pretty Peacock layer. Next, I glued the sentiment ‘unit’ to the DSP. And finally, I stretched a ribbon length across the layers near the top of the sentiment unit. It is affixed to the back. Only then did I layer this panel on the card front. A bow made of the same ribbon is finally added with a glue dot.
Sale-A-Bration will be ending at the end of February. The ‘Hello friend’ is in the ‘A Touch of Ink,’ a free SAB stamp set. Along with the beautiful butterfly, hummingbird, and flower, there are very useful sentiments. You may want to look at this set, and be sure to get it before Sale-A-Bration ends! Now it is time for you to hop along and see what the other talented Trip Achievers have made to inspire you!
- To shop in my online store, click here.
- Access & view the current catalogs, Click here.
- To subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity, Click here.
- Learn about my Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn free stamps just from shopping with me; click here.
- Follow me on Pinterest; click here.
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- To follow me on YouTube, Click here.
- Please subscribe to my blog, too, by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: UZR7RV46
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Beary Cute bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog on page 24.
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.