Hello, Friend! Welcome to another Maui Trip Achiever’s Blog Hop! I am glad you are here. I hope you will continue to the next blog once you come to the bottom of this blog. Today I have a multipurpose card to show you.
The Hello Friend Card:
Sometimes I need a card that does not have a Happy Birthday or Congratulations or even, Get Well sentiment. The card I am showing you today simply says Hello, Friend which can be used for any occasion. Although the Fine Art Floral designer series paper (DSP) does not list Pretty Peacock as a color used, I see it in this particular piece. Using Prett Peacock ink, I stamped the ‘Hello friend’ sentiment on Whisper White cardstock (now Basic White). Then, I die cut it with a Tasteful Label die and mounted it on Pretty Peacock cardstock die-cut with the second smallest Hippo & Friends die.
In this view of the card, it is easy to see that I embossed the DSP with the Painted Texture embossing folder. Furthermore, it clearly shows that I cut the layered sentiment piece off along the top edge. After gluing the sentiment to the card front, placement of the ribbon was easy.
The measurements for this card are straightforward.
Pool Party Cardstock – 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored and folded at 5 1/2″
Pretty Peacock Cardstock – (2) 5 1/4″ x 4″ and 1-1/2 x 2-1/2″ to die-cut.
Basic White Cardstock – 5″ x 3-3/4″
DSP – 5″ x 3-3/4″
The Finishing Touch:
To add the finishing touch to the card, there was some pre-planning involved. First, I glued the DSP to the Pretty Peacock layer. Next, I glued the sentiment ‘unit’ to the DSP. And finally, I stretched a ribbon length across the layers near the top of the sentiment unit. It is affixed to the back. Only then did I layer this panel on the card front. A bow made of the same ribbon is finally added with a glue dot.
Sale-A-Bration will be ending at the end of February. The ‘Hello friend’ is in the ‘A Touch of Ink,’ a free SAB stamp set. Along with the beautiful butterfly, hummingbird, and flower, there are very useful sentiments. You may want to look at this set, and be sure to get it before Sale-A-Bration ends! Now it is time for you to hop along and see what the other talented Trip Achievers have made to inspire you!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
May 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - In Bloom
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: URFJ7J4M I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the In Bloom stamp set and the coordinating dies.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.