Welcome to the December edition of the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop featuring Holiday Happenings. Today I will focus on the Cherish the Season Bundle (found on page 33 of the Aug-Dec mini catalog) and how to use your designer series paper (DSP) scraps!
I used some of my left-over strips of Wrapped in Plaid DSP to make this card. All that is needed is one strip that measures 1″ x 2 1/2″ to place in the center of the third largest Stitched Rectangle die-cut piece of Whisper White cardstock. This strip is flanked by a 3/4″ x 2 1/4″ strip on each side, and finally, the two strips measuring 1/2″ x 2″ on the far outside.
The bells were die-cut with the smallest two bells in the Sound of the Season Dies using my leftover Gold Foil Sheet strips. You know we all have these! Who wants to discard any foil leftovers! I die-cut the bells from my 1″ strips and 1/2″-3/4″ strips, cutting six of the smallest bells and one of the second smallest. As seen in the photo, four of the bells were initially glued together in groups of two. Then, I used dimensionals to adhere the bells to the card front.
You can see here that I strung some of the gold trim, from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo, through the loops in the bells. The thickness of this gold trim turned out to be perfect for keeping its position on the card. Finally, I added three Gilded Gems to complete the card.
It is Christmas Happenings time after all, and I am sure we all need some tags. Here is one I made with the same Sounds of the Season dies and gold trim and the Fancy Tag Topper Punch.
I switched to Real Red and Garden Green cardstock for this tag. Continuing to utilize scraps, I die-cut two medium-sized bells from leftover Gold Foil Sheets. I added the green sprigs from the same dies to the bells. The top of the tag was embellished with the smallest bough from the Beautiful Boughs dies and a bow made with Real Red Double Stitched Satin ribbon. The Poinsettia Place DSP steals the show on this tag! Finally, the Merry Christmas, from the Peace and Joy stamp set, was stamped in Real Red, fussy-cut, and added to the tag with mini dimensionals.
I hope you have enjoyed some of the Christmas Happenings at my house and will be inspired to use up some of those leftover strips of DSP and foil! Now it is time to hop along to see what my friends have done to inspire you.
Stamper’s Dozen December 2020 Blog Hop
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- BJ Peters – StampinBJ
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Rachel’s Stamping Place –
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Kelly Acheson – A Stamp Above
<!—END STAMPERS DOZEN BLOG HOP LINKS–>
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.
January 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Lots of Heart
HOST CODE: CZVQYZR2 This FREE Tutorial will be sent via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Lots of Hearts bundle which is new in the January-June 2021 mini catalog.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.