Welcome to my blog today! I hope this finds everyone well. Today I have another thank-you card using the Ornate Garden bundle, and, this time, I want to showcase the Double-embossed Background technique.
- Early Espresso – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Mint Macaron – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White – 1-1/8″ x 2-1/2″
- Gold Foil – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
The Mint Macaron background shows the Double-embossed technique. First, I dry embossed the panel with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder. Next, after using my embossing buddy over this panel, I lightly drug my Versamark Pad over the embossed flowers. Then I sprinkled gold embossing powder over the entire panel tapping off the excess and heat-setting it with the Heat Tool. There you have it! Double-embossing is both dry embossing and heat embossing the same piece of cardstock.
The sentiment was gold heat-embossed onto the Whisper White panel then I added it to the Ornate Layers die-cut piece of the gold foil sheet. A simple beauty, in my “humble opinion!”
For the finishing touch, I added a simple bow using the Calypso Coral colored ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack using a mini glue dot. Do you like how this sets off the sentiment?
I did my first video, without editing, although it was not “live.” I mention that only to ask you to be patient with my videos. They will improve. If you are reading this blog post in an email that came straight to you inbox, please click the title of the post to be taken to the actual blog to view the video. It is my understanding that they do not show up in the email. Thanks!
If you do not have a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would be happy to have you as a customer. You can click any of the icons below to be taken directly to my store to order. Thank you, in advance. Make it a great day! Stay Home. Stay Well.
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 2EETHT44
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Bag of Bones bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog (going live on Sept. 6)
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- To shop in my online store, click here.
- Access & view the current catalogs, Click here.
- To subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity, Click here.
- Learn about my Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn free stamps just from shopping with me; click here.
- Follow me on Pinterest; click here.
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- To follow me on YouTube, Click here.
- Please subscribe to my blog, too, by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.