Welcome to the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop this month. We are half-way through March and into the final days of Sale-A-Bration(SAB)! Do you have all the FREE SAB items you want? Now is the perfect time to stock up on glue, Whisper White cardstock, and of course, your favorite colors of cardstock. (especially if one of your favorites is a 2018-2020 In-Color which will be retiring soon!) Take this opportunity to clean your crafting area and take inventory of things you use regularly. Then, take advantage of earning those extra SAB items by stocking up on these items now.
Being that we are in the final days of Sale-A-Bration, I want to use a stamp set from the Second SAB Release. Before we know it, Father’s Day will be upon us, and we will need a masculine card. The “Well Dressed” cling stamp set, with eight images, is bound to come in handy.
Here is a look at what I did with this stamp set the first time I took it from the box. I like the dapper look of the images. The color combination of Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, and Soft Suede shouts masculine to me. Then, adding the Braided Burlap Trim from the Tropical Oasis Suite solidified the masculine look of the card.
- Soft Suede – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″ for card base; 3-3/8″ x 1-5/8″ (behind tie); (2) 1-7/8″ x 1-3/8″ (behind hat and shoe); 2-7/8″ x 7/8″ (behind sentiment)
- Whisper White – 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside); 3-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ (tie); (2) 1-3/4″ x 1-1/4″ (hat and shoe); 2 3/4″ x 3/4″ (sentiment); scrap
- Peaceful Poppies DSP – 5 1/4″ x 4″
This card is straight forward. Stamp the images in Soft Suede except for the tie. I stamped the tie Old Olive ink but stamped the collar on scrap Whisper White, in Soft Suede, and fussy cut to make the shirt look right. Just cut-out the collar and paper piece it over the Old Olive stamped image on the panel. If you look closely, you will see that there is both Mossy Meadow and Old Olive in the front base panel. This paper is the “back-side” of one of the double-sided sheets of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper.
To add the finishing touches, I used mini glue dots to add some 5/16″ Braided Burlap Trim from the Tropical Oasis Suite and, of course, a “tie-tac” using a Noble Peacock rhinestone. The Best Dressed stamp set is going to be an excellent set to have when a masculine card is needed. Remember that Father’s Day is coming up in a few months. You still have about 15 days left in the final days of Sale-a-Bration to earn this set. If you would like any of the items to remake this card, I would certainly appreciate your business! Please click on any product below to go to my online store. Now it is time to continue the hop. ENJOY! And don’t forget to Sale-A-Brate today.
Stamper’s Dozen February 2020 Blog Hop
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Stamping with Rachel
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Kelly Acheson – A Stamp Above
- Laura Milligan – I’d Rather BEE Stampin’
- BJ Peters – StampinBJ
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: D9JVEWPQ
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Share A Milkshake from the new Stampin' Up! 2023 January-April Mini Catalog!
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.