Hello, Stampers! Continuing to showcase the Christmastime Is Here Suite, I want to display the versatility of the set. It does not have to be used only for a Christmas card. Unfortunately, we lose friends, family and, loved ones even during the holiday season. By changing the colors used, and the sentiment, a Christmastime Sympathy card can be created.
Crumb Cake Cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored and folded at 5 1/2″ (card base)
Early Espresso Cardstock – (2) 5″ x 3 3/4″ (one for the inside)
Shimmery White Cardstock – (2) 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″ plus scrap for sentiment
Stamparatus is the Key
Yes, the Stamparatus (146276) is the key to making this card easy peasy!! Here are the steps to make it:
- Position the Shimmery cardstock panel on the Stamparatus and secure with magnets taking note of the exact position (to be used later). Center the outline (cling) stamp on the cardstock and pick it up with the plate. Stamp the image using Sahara Sand ink. Clean the stamp.
- Remove the cardstock and place the foam mat on the Stamparatus. (I highly recommend the new deluxe foam mat because it has a plastic laminate surface with gridlines on it. However, you can use the grid paper to precisely position your cardstock too) Place the roses solid image atop the stamped outlined roses then, after flipping the plate, pick the stamp up. Stamp this image with Daffodil Delight ink.
- Using a second plate, carefully place all the greenery stamps around the rose arrangement and pick them up with the plate. Ink-up all the stamps at once with Old Olive (or Pear Pizzazz) ink and stamp.
- Flip the second plate over. Carefully position all the berry stamps and pick them up with the plate. Ink-up all the berry stamps with Crumb Cake ink and stamp.
- Since there are only three pinecones, I found it easier to stamp them by hand with Early Espresso ink.
- Finally, remove the foam mat on the Stamparatus. After all the ink is dry, use an Embossing Buddy to rub across the entire panel of stamped Shimmery White cardstock. Next, position it on the Stamparatus exactly where it had initially been placed. Ink the outline cling stamp with Versamark and stamp. Immediately dust with gold embossing powder, tapping off the excess and heat set it with the Heat Tool. Wow! That makes a significant impact on the beauty of the card.
- Glue the Shimmery White panel to the Early Espresso panel then to the card front. Construct the inside the same way. I stamped a sympathy sentiment from Flourishing Phrases on the inside with Early Espresso ink.
Stamp the sentiment for the card front with Early Espresso, then trim down to approximately 1/4″, banner the ends and pop up on the card with mini-dimensionals. Finally, add a few gold metallic pearls as the finishing touches to the card. I hope you like the card, but I also hope you do not need it anytime soon!! It is good to have a few sympathy cards on hand as we never know the day nor the hour.
Don’t forget; the Christmastime Is Here Suite is available for November only or WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. See more HERE.
When you order the Christmastime Is Here Suite or the Christmas Rose Bundle, please use the November Hostess code. To thank you, I will email you the Christmastime Is Here 13-project Tutorial PDF so you will have many project ideas with measurements and instructions.