Welcome to the Thursday Challenge by Create with Connie & Mary. This week I made a Christmas card with Peace & Joy as the sentiment for the sketch challenge.
The sentiments for this card are limited in size by the Sketch Challenge, but Peace & Joy fits perfectly and works for the Christmas card. I used the Lights Aglow designer series paper (DSP), and I love when DSP can do most of the “heavy lifting” when creating a card.
Peace & Joy Card Details:
- Card Base: Very Vanilla Cardstock (CS) – 8 1\2″ x 5 1/2″ score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Layer 1: Evening Evergreen DSP – 4 3/4″ x 4″
- Layer 2: Gold Foil Sheet – 3″ x 3″, die-cut with the largest Layering Circles die.
- Layer 3: Very Vanilla DSP – 3″ x 3″, die-cut with the second largest Layering Circles die.
- Layer 4: Cherry Cobbler CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, die cut with the larger detailed wreath in Country Wreaths dies.
- Layer 5: Cherry Cobbler DSP – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, die cut with the smaller detailed wreath in Country Wreaths dies.
- Layer 6: Evening Everygreen CS – 2 1/8″ x 3/8″, cut to a point on the right end with Snips.
- Layer 7: Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 3/8″, cut to a point on the right end with Snips.
- Layer 8: Gold Foil Sheet – 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, die-cut with the bow from the Country Wreaths dies.
- Inside Layer: Cherry Cobbler DSP: 5 1/2″ x 1/4″
- Glue Layer 1 onto the card base, slightly off-setting to the left, as shown.
- Adhere Layer 5 to Layer 4, off-setting slightly clockwise, then to Layer 3, centering the wreath.
- Adhere Layer 3 to Layer 2, off-setting as shown in the sketch, then adhere this unit to Layer 1.
- Use Cherry Cobble ink to stamp Layer 7 with Peace & Joy, then position it onto Layer 6, as shown. Add over the lower right side of the wreath (Layer 5) with Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere Layer 8 on Layer 5, as shown, with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Sprinkle a few gold Adhesive-backed Seasonal Sequins for a bit of bling on Layer 1.
- Add the inside layer approximately 3/8″ from the bottom of the inside of the card.
- Use Evening Evergreen to stamp the sentiment in the center.
If I use DSP on the card front, I tend to add a small strip to the inside to tie the front and the interior together. I hope you like the card I made. The products to create this card are listed below. Click on any icon to be taken to my online store. Click HERE to see what the other design team member made.