Hello, Stampers! Welcome to another day at CreativityReleased.com! I have created a Yinyang, welcoming the five new In-Colors in the upcoming annual catalog. In only a couple of days, everyone will be able to order from it! The new In-Colors are Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Cinnamon Cider, Misty Moonlight, and Bumblebee.
The Yinyang Card
To begin, I used the largest and the three smallest Layering Circle dies and the 2″ punch to cut the five new In-Colors. (I cut two sizes of each color so I could mix and match for the top and bottom sections. Each circle was then cut in half and layered in size order onto each other. I paid very close attention to making sure that they were lined up all the way to the far left (flat side at the bottom) before gluing in place.
This Yinyang is made from two semi-circles of layered cardstock. Once I completed the two halves, I glued one half in the center near the top of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ panel of cardstock. The other half I positioned under, but not butted up against the top half so that the two smallest semi-circles were visible. The 5/8″ strip of Basic Black cardstock covers and imperfections between the two halves. I checked to make sure when the two halves are glued down that 1), it still looked like a circle, albeit a swirled circle. 2) that the two smallest semi-circles could be seen equally.
To finish the card with a little sparkle and balance, I added one of each color of the 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots. And, do you see that I used gold metallic pearls to dot the I’s on the die-cut word inspire? The die is in the Sweet Silhouettes die set.
I challenge you to give making a Yinyang a try. Don’t forget – the catalog goes live this Wednesday, June 3. Have a great week!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.