Hello and, welcome to my blog and the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop. Today’s theme is Spring Has Sprung. To me, nothing says, “It’s Spring,” quite like seeing irises blooming. It just so happens that Stampin’ Up!® has a stamp set titled Inspiring Irises in the annual catalog.
So Here Is My Spring Card:
And, it happens that the same stamp set has the sentiment that we all need to be thinking of sending to our dear family and friends during this difficult time of being isolated. “Sending hugs, prayers, and lots of love.” Furthermore, I used a soon-to-be-retired color on this card; Blueberry Bushel. Of course, irises come in many different colors, but the ones I am used to seeing are usually blue, purple, or yellow. And, of course, the Noble Peacock rhinestones, with the Blueberry Bushel rhinestones, will also be retiring. That is a “word to the wise” to check your stock of the retiring 2018-2020 In-Colors.
You Can Make It:
Use a Blueberry Bushel card base and add a 2 1/4″ strip of Granny Apple Green that has been embossed with the Subtles embossing folder to the left side of the card. Die-cut an Ornate Layers frame from Basic Black cardstock and the fourth smallest Stitched Rectangle from Whisper White. Stamp the sentiment and floral outlines with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the fillers with Blueberry Bushel and Granny Apple Green. Color the centers of the irises with a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends marker.
Finally, add three blue rhinestones from the Noble Peacock Rhinestone Jewels. My preference for adhering layers is Multipurpose Liquid Glue, but you can use the adhesive of your choice. I used dimensionals to adhere the black-framed art piece to the card front.
I hope this brightened your day! Just knowing that spring and summer are on their way makes me happy! Now it is time to move on to the next talented demonstrator in the hop. Click the link below.
Stamper’s Dozen April 2020 Blog Hop
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Stamping with Rachel
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Laura Milligan – I’d Rather BEE Stampin’
- BJ Peters – StampinBJ
Four for Forty - FREE TUTORIAL
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
PLEASE USE THIS HOST CODE: 2EETHT44
I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Bag of Bones bundle from the September-December Stampin' Up! mini catalog (going live on Sept. 6)
- This offer is only through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- To shop in my online store, click here.
- Access & view the current catalogs, Click here.
- To subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity, Click here.
- Learn about my Loyalty Rewards Program where you can earn free stamps just from shopping with me; click here.
- Follow me on Pinterest; click here.
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- To follow me on YouTube, Click here.
- Please subscribe to my blog, too, by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.