Hello and, welcome to my blog and the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop. Today’s theme is Spring Has Sprung. To me, nothing says, “It’s Spring,” quite like seeing irises blooming. It just so happens that Stampin’ Up!® has a stamp set titled Inspiring Irises in the annual catalog.
So Here Is My Spring Card:
And, it happens that the same stamp set has the sentiment that we all need to be thinking of sending to our dear family and friends during this difficult time of being isolated. “Sending hugs, prayers, and lots of love.” Furthermore, I used a soon-to-be-retired color on this card; Blueberry Bushel. Of course, irises come in many different colors, but the ones I am used to seeing are usually blue, purple, or yellow. And, of course, the Noble Peacock rhinestones, with the Blueberry Bushel rhinestones, will also be retiring. That is a “word to the wise” to check your stock of the retiring 2018-2020 In-Colors.
You Can Make It:
Use a Blueberry Bushel card base and add a 2 1/4″ strip of Granny Apple Green that has been embossed with the Subtles embossing folder to the left side of the card. Die-cut an Ornate Layers frame from Basic Black cardstock and the fourth smallest Stitched Rectangle from Whisper White. Stamp the sentiment and floral outlines with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the fillers with Blueberry Bushel and Granny Apple Green. Color the centers of the irises with a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends marker.
Finally, add three blue rhinestones from the Noble Peacock Rhinestone Jewels. My preference for adhering layers is Multipurpose Liquid Glue, but you can use the adhesive of your choice. I used dimensionals to adhere the black-framed art piece to the card front.
I hope this brightened your day! Just knowing that spring and summer are on their way makes me happy! Now it is time to move on to the next talented demonstrator in the hop. Click the link below.
Stamper’s Dozen April 2020 Blog Hop
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers
- Rachel Yurkanin – Stamping with Rachel
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
- Laura Milligan – I’d Rather BEE Stampin’
- BJ Peters – StampinBJ
October 2021 FREE TUTORIAL
Four for Forty - Nature's Harvest
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GAMB3CCW I will send this FREE Tutorial via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Nature's Harvest stamp set and Blackberry Beauty DSP.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.