Hello! Welcome to my blog. Here is a thank you card I made with the Ornate Garden Suite that was an early release by Stampin’ Up! last month. Moreover, it is orderable now and is in the new annual catalog that goes live in a couple of weeks!
The Thank You Card
This card is the very first card I made using the Ornate Garden Suite when it arrived. I love the simplicity of the card. Whereas it uses only one color of ink and three colors of cardstock, it transforms into an eye-catching card. In my opinion, the card has a more masculine appearance, even with the floral border. My husband would gladly use this to write a thank-you card.
Early Espresso – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
Old Olive – 2 pieces cut to 5 1/2″ x 1-1/4″
Terracotta Tile – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
Whisper White – 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside)
First I used the Ornate Borders to die-cut the two Old Olive strips and adhered, as shown, onto the front of the card. Next, the Ornate Layers Dies die-cut the Terracotta Tile strip. Once I stamped the Ornate Thanks sentiment using Early Espresso ink, I finally added the sentiment piece to the card front with dimensionals. Furthermore, as you can see in the photo, I stamped a flower on the inside of the card but, you can decorate it any way you want or not at all.
The Finishing Touches
Finally, the finishing touches were added to this Ornate thank you card. I added a small gilded gem in the center of each flower on the top and bottom. When I did a set of these cards for a swap, I did not have enough gems, so I added them just to the top row, and the card still looked very nice.
There you have it. I wish you a Happy Monday and a wonderful week ahead!
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.