Hello, and welcome! As you know, the “Last Chance” list came out yesterday. The Layered With Kindness stamp set is on that list, which makes me sad. Although the matching Label Me Lovely Punch is staying in the new Annual catalog, the stamp set is retiring. I love the font of the Happy Birthday and the scrolling around it. So, I want to show you a card I made recently using this set.
Do you find you have more time to doodle these days? Somehow, I have been noticing a lot of “downtime” lately, giving me a chance to “doodle” more. I cut a strip of the gold and white paper from the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper and “doodled” with my Blends to color the flowers with Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Mint Macaron. I used Light Crumb Cake to fill in the background. It did not take me long to color this small panel and, I must say, it was SO relaxing!
Of course, you could use any colors that you want and change the look of this card. Because of the gold outline on the flowers, I mounted the art piece onto a 1/4″ larger piece of Gold Foil Sheet. Don’t you think the Ornate Border, in Calypso Coral, sets this card off? First, I gold-heat-embossed the birthday sentiment found in the Layered with Kindness set and punched it with the Label Me Lovely Punch. Next, I punched a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock with the same punch and cut it in half, using it to accentuate the sentiment. I used dimensionals to pop this piece onto the card front.
The Finishing Touch
Here you can see that I used a short, Calypso Coral piece of the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo to make a small bow for my “finishing touch.” I used a mini glue dot to secure it in place, allowing the gold design to show above it. I can see you being disappointed if you do not get the Layered with Kindness stamp set before it retires; since the coordinating punch is carrying over. Click Here to see another card I posted at the beginning of March using the same stamp set.
Have a great day! Doodle a little. It will make you feel good.
SEPTEMBER’S FREE TUTORIAL - LOVE OF LEAVES
HOST CODE: K4GER6M3 This FREE Tutorial will be sent via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature the Love of Leaves stamp set which is new in the July-December mini catalog.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.