Hello and, welcome to my blog and the Stamper’s Dozen Blog Hop. July is the month to show our patriotism. Have you wondered how to make a patriotic July card? I have one answer to that question today.
Quite surprisingly, this card uses no stamps at all! It is a more abstract card than I normally make. I embossed the 5 1/4″ x 4″ panel of Real Red cardstock using one of the Greenery embossing folders.
The magic happened when I white-heat-embossed several stripes by applying Versamark with a sponge dauber. Since it is an abstract flag, I did not concern myself with perfect embossing. I added this layer to an 11″ x 4 1/4″ Thick Whisper White card base.
After cutting the Night of Navy cardstock with a Stitched Shape Square, I embossed it with a Wrapped In Texture embossing folder which is found in the new mini catalog. I think this gives a sort of illusion of stars in the background.
Then, using a die from Wreath Builder dies (that coordinate with the Arrange a Wreath stamp set) I die-cut the heart from Whisper White cardstock. The die-cut piece is attached to the square with mini-dimensionals. I then used dimensionals to adhere the entire panel to the card front.
How to make the U S A
I love the new Playful Alphabet dies in the Annual Catalog. They are the perfect size to use on cards!! I die-cut the letters for this card from Whisper White cardstock that was first mounted on the new Foam Adhesive sheets. Doing this was actually making them into raised stickers! You want to talk “easy?” This is it!
Below is a list of products needed to make this card. Click on the icon to be taken to my online store. I greatly appreciate your orders!
Stamper’s Dozen July 2020 Blog Hop
- Patty Chenail – Stamp-Patty’s – Stamping in My Flops
- Judy Garza – Creativity Released
- Sharon Hashimoto Burkert – As the Ink Dries
- Carol Payne – Carol Payne Stamps
- Joanne Cantrell – Keep It Simple, Stampers!
- Rachel Yurkanin – Stamping with Rachel
- Debbie Naylor – Unfrogettable Stamping!
- Bonnie O’Neill – Bonnie Stamped
<!—END STAMPERS DOZEN BLOG HOP LINKS–>
JULY’S FREE TUTORIAL - COMFORT AND HOPE
Free with any $40+* purchase *before tax and shipping
HOST CODE: GKVUU632 This FREE Tutorial will be sent via email on or around the first of the following month.
- All projects feature Comfort and Hope stamp set which is new in the 2020-2021 annual catalog.
- This is only offered through me, Judy Garza.
- This free tutorial is not available for purchase.
- Click here to shop my online store.
- Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
- Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
- Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
- Click here to follow me on Facebook!
- Click here to follow me on YouTube!
- Please subscribe to my blog, too by adding your name and email address in the right sidebar under the Subscribe image and clicking the sign-up button.